Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Speakers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 11, 2011 10:08:45 AM

Hi,

who can help me?

I have a xonar hdav 1.3 deluxe sound card and have the latest drivers installed.

When testing the speakers i only get sound from left and the right front speaker.
The left and right surround, center and woofer don't give any sounds. (analog)

I have checked everything multiple times to make sure there isn't a problem with the speakers or cables. They work fine.
All cables are connected to the right connectors

Who can help me?

I have windows 7 x64.
MS H61M-E33 with intel i3-2100
4 Gb DDR3

Testing the speakers with the asus utility and the utility from windows 7 are giving the same rusult, only stereo sound ...

I have disabled the onboard audio in the bios

More about : stereo sound surround sounds xonar hdav1 delux

August 11, 2011 12:31:55 PM

What speaker system do you have? Check to make sure that it is in surround sound mode. I had the same problem with my Logitech system until I changed the settings.
August 11, 2011 4:38:12 PM

Might be the speaker system. Just for kicks, test with GX mode set to the opposite of whatever it is currently set to. [GX mode is basically hte directsound emulator. Enabling it is how you get surround sound in DirectSound games. I doubt thats the issue, but it doesn't hurt to check...]
Related resources
August 12, 2011 8:47:13 AM

i have the teufel concept 300 speaker system.

i tried connecting other speakers to the connector's, but that doen't work either ...
August 12, 2011 12:29:00 PM

Ronnyw said:
i have the teufel concept 300 speaker system.

i tried connecting other speakers to the connector's, but that doen't work either ...

Check the settings on your decoder. Make sure that it is set for surround (or 5.1 channel) sound.
August 12, 2011 12:33:50 PM

this speaker system doesn't have a decoder ...

they are just pc speakers ...
August 12, 2011 5:11:45 PM

Can you post a screenshot of the driver control panel?
!