First Build of mine - need advice

Hello members, this is my first post here, I hope I'd get some comments.
My future build (I tried to make it as cheap as possible):
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770
PSU: Digital (R) 500W PSU
Chassis: Antec 902

So I bought nearly all of the parts except the MOBO and the Chassis. I want an absolutely cheap p67 motherboard, the antec 902 also seems a good choice but, anything cheaper?
Oh BTW, I'm a student so I ain't got that money, that's why I'm on a freaking budget...
10 answers Last reply
More about first build mine advice
  1. ^ From where are you buying the parts ? Also which PSU is that ? Manufacturer ?
    CASE options -
    HAF 912, Antec 300, Antec 300 Illusion, CM 690 series, NZXT Tempest EVO would also be a very good option...

    Mobo - Will you be using more than 1 graphics card ? Crossfire ?
    A good option -
    With the new chipset - Z68
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128500
  2. gkay09 said:
    ^ From where are you buying the parts ? Also which PSU is that ? Manufacturer ?
    CASE options -
    HAF 912, Antec 300, Antec 300 Illusion, CM 690 series, NZXT Tempest EVO would also be a very good option...

    Mobo - Will you be using more than 1 graphics card ? Crossfire ?
    A good option -
    With the new chipset - Z68
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128500

    Newegg ofcourse.
    The brand name of the PSU is simply - Digital. It is a very good PSU trust me, I had it with my old system, and it is excellent.
    Nah I'm not thinking of crossfire, maybe later.
    Isn't the p67 chipset the only OCer of the i5 2500k?
  3. ^ About the Z68 chipset
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-z68-express-smart-response-technology-ssd-caching,2938.html

    And did you buy the graphic card as well ?? You could have pushed for the 6850,...
  4. gkay09 said:
    ^ About the Z68 chipset
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-z68-express-smart-response-technology-ssd-caching,2938.html

    And did you buy the graphic card as well ?? You could have pushed for the 6850,...

    Yes, I did buy the GPU. The 6850 is an ouch on my budget! I already wanted a HIS 5670, but I really pushed for the 5770.
    The H Chipset is the low-end budget chipset right? Gonna search now.
  5. ^ You should go cheaper on the case, and should have invested in a better graphic card,...
    NZXT Gamma Classic - Its a no-frills case and with some additional fans, would performed as good as costlier ones,...
    http://www.amazon.com/GAMMA-Classic-Interior-Chassis-Black/dp/B002UDK9U6
    So with the extra money, you could have got the 6850 easy,...

    Mobo -
    This looks good, good features for the price...
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128502
  6. gkay09 said:
    ^ You should go cheaper on the case, and should have invested in a better graphic card,...
    NZXT Gamma Classic - Its a no-frills case and with some additional fans, would performed as good as costlier ones,...
    http://www.amazon.com/GAMMA-Classic-Interior-Chassis-Black/dp/B002UDK9U6
    So with the extra money, you could have got the 6850 easy,...

    Mobo -
    This looks good, good features for the price...
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128502

    You're a life saver.
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 is the choice. So far now this is the system:
    Intel Core i5 2500k @4GHz
    Corsair 4GB (2x2) Dual DDR3
    GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
    GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5770
    Antec 902
    570GB WD (320 Blue caviar + 250GB)
    Digital 500W PSU
    Thanks for alll of your help.
  7. gkay09 suggested a cheaper case, imo I advise the same
    if you're bent on newegg, get this case instead:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133094
    and use the extra $80 to upgrade the 5770 to the 6870 (NE has 7 models </= $200 many with rebates that push it in the $160-170 range) or a 560 (sans ti, 3 models on NE)
    what about the optical drive? cannibalizing your old system?
  8. Au_equus said:
    gkay09 suggested a cheaper case, imo I advise the same
    if you're bent on newegg, get this case instead:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133094
    and use the extra $80 to upgrade the 5770 to the 6870 (NE has 7 models </= $200 many with rebates that push it in the $160-170 range) or a 560 (sans ti, 3 models on NE)
    what about the optical drive? cannibalizing your old system?

    Not really, I'm not that severe gamer, the 5770 is just fine with me, and besides, I bought it brand new. The case you suggested is a brilliant one, and you just gave me a brilliant idea. I'm gonna get either it or the GAMMA, and save for a blueray drive.
  9. awesome idea. had the 5770 for 18mo. great card. happy gaming :) !
  10. ^ If getting that Thermaltake, get it from amazon, it has free shipping,...
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Black-Plastic-Computer-VL80001W2Z/dp/tags-on-product/B002Q2M8KK
    Or the V4 is currently having a $10 coupon and $10 in rebates as well with Free Shipping,...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133179
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product