Solved

AMD 965 BE and cooler master 520N

i seem to be running at 38C idle, and like 60-65 under load in various games. this is just a bit too high for my liking. ive seen specs not to exceed from 61-70.

this seem normal? my ambient room temps are around 70 deg F. I have fans blowing in on HDD( front) and vid card( side panel) exhaust coming out back and top.

i am going to take the machine apart here in just a few and re-apply paste and heat sink, and see what i get again.

if not, i think i am looking at getting the H60 or H80 corsair, the H100 will not fit in my case( CM690 something like that)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler master 520n
  1. shameless bump... no one thinks these are a bit too high?
  2. wow, no help at all... thanks.
  3. I just posted a very similar post and no help has come yet either. Maybe we could do our best to help each other? I believe the "max temperature" for your CPU is 65C so it is getting very hot, I would suggest an aftermarket cooler or possibly cleaning the thermal paste off and redoing it with Arctic Silver. What sites do you prefer do buy off of?
  4. Best answer
    Those temperatures are on the high side for a N520. A few things I would look at would be case flow. If your case has poor airflow allowing heat to build in your case it can negate the effectiveness of a good CPU heat sink.

I would also check proper installation of the heat sink and thermal compound. If these are not done correctly they will also cause high temperatures.

And lastly I would check your voltage. Many times a motherboard will use a higher voltage at default then is necessary which causes increased heat.
  5. i took my cooler apart, cleaned it. it wasnt dirty, but now its immaculate.
    I wasnt 100% stoked with how the old thermal paste looked. i may have left it "splotchy" - reapplied.
    I had 3 120mm fans laying around that i never put in my case. i now have a total of 6.. 3 in/3 out.

my temps went from 38C idle 65C we'll call it load to 34C idle, 55C load. ambient rooms temps 70-75F.

i do like the idea of checking the voltage. offhand what is a 965 BE supposed to be running at, what is the lowest it can go?
  6. mike8472 said:
    I just posted a very similar post and no help has come yet either. Maybe we could do our best to help each other? I believe the "max temperature" for your CPU is 65C so it is getting very hot, I would suggest an aftermarket cooler or possibly cleaning the thermal paste off and redoing it with Arctic Silver. What sites do you prefer do buy off of?

i shop at newegg or micro center. i do newegg if i can wait, micro center is i ned it right now. i live about 25 minutes from one.. its much faster than shipping, but i have to pay tax!
  7. Best answer selected by Mrthorp.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master