Which board for i5 3570k?

p000n-tang_be4r

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hello,
Iv finally decided to upgrade to Intel and i was planning to upgrade to an i7 3820 but because i dont do heavy 3D rendering and other stuff like that i thought it was a waste of money, so i decided to upgrade to the i5 2570k instead and i am trying to choose between the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z z68 and the Asus z77 Sabertooth.
Im leaning more towards the Maximus IV because it is such a sexy looking board but its only z68, where as the sabertooth is z77.
Is there a good reason i should go with the z77 sabertooth and not the Maximus IV? I know the maximus IV is $100 more but i dont mind paying that much for that particular board. :D
So what will be the best choice in mobo to buy?
Also will the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme Z even support the new i5 3570?

andrewcarr

Distinguished
I wouldn't get a z68 motherboard it isn't compatible until the drivers are updated my ASUS. If you did go that route you might need a second CPU just to get it running, download the drivers then plug in the upgraded CPU. The Z77 is made for Ivy Bridge and will work right off the bat. The sabertooth is a nice board but if you only plan on running two cards ever this is the motherboard I would get because it has all the same features and is much less. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837