Problems with Pokemon Sapphire

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Hi all,

Got a problem which I hope someone can help me out with: Bought Pokemon
sapphire and played it for a bout 3 hours with no problems, was able to save
and all was well. Picked it up, played it again for another hour, tried to
save and it froze, turned it off, turned it back on and it loaded my
previous save saying my previous game was corrupt. However, now it always
freezes whenever I try to save it. Have deleted my old save and tried to
start a new one, same problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

CK

Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, "CK"
<zsimo64@ntlworld.com> got it all completely wrong and wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Got a problem which I hope someone can help me out with: Bought Pokemon
>sapphire and played it for a bout 3 hours with no problems, was able to save
>and all was well. Picked it up, played it again for another hour, tried to
>save and it froze, turned it off, turned it back on and it loaded my
>previous save saying my previous game was corrupt. However, now it always
>freezes whenever I try to save it. Have deleted my old save and tried to
>start a new one, same problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Is it an original or on a flash cartridge?
If it's an original: Did you buy the cartridge on EBay?

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

"Nils Tanner" <ntanner@datacomm.ch> wrote in message
> Why is a mushroom called mushroom? As usual, "CK"
> <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> got it all completely wrong and wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Got a problem which I hope someone can help me out with: Bought Pokemon
> >sapphire and played it for a bout 3 hours with no problems, was able to
save
> >and all was well. Picked it up, played it again for another hour, tried
> >save and it froze, turned it off, turned it back on and it loaded my
> >previous save saying my previous game was corrupt. However, now it always
> >freezes whenever I try to save it. Have deleted my old save and tried to
> >start a new one, same problem. Anyone got any ideas?
> >

> Is it an original or on a flash cartridge?
> If it's an original: Did you buy the cartridge on EBay?

I got it from a seller on Amazon, so its kind of similar I suppose, no box
or manual, had great feedback. Cartridge is blue, made in Japan, which I
assume all pokemon sapphire cartridges are. The seller is called
gamesaficionado

CK <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I got it from a seller on Amazon, so its kind of similar I suppose,
> no box or manual, had great feedback. Cartridge is blue, made in
> Japan, which I assume all pokemon sapphire cartridges are. The seller
> is called gamesaficionado

Buying GBA games from 3rd parties (ie, eBay or Amazon Sellers) is always a
very iffy purchase... as if you got what appeared to be a GREAT price for
cart-only... it's most likely a shoddy and buggy counterfeit cartridge. To
avoid bootlegs, buy direct from 2nd parties (ToysRus, Gamestop, Amazon.com,
EBGames) or screen 3rd parties VERY carefully.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

"DeepThought" <deep_42_thought@hotmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
> CK <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > I got it from a seller on Amazon, so its kind of similar I suppose,
> > no box or manual, had great feedback. Cartridge is blue, made in
> > Japan, which I assume all pokemon sapphire cartridges are. The seller
> > is called gamesaficionado
>
> Buying GBA games from 3rd parties (ie, eBay or Amazon Sellers) is always a
> very iffy purchase... as if you got what appeared to be a GREAT price for
> cart-only... it's most likely a shoddy and buggy counterfeit cartridge. To
> avoid bootlegs, buy direct from 2nd parties (ToysRus, Gamestop,
Amazon.com,
> EBGames) or screen 3rd parties VERY carefully.
>
> --
> -----------
> Deep Thought
> -----------
> Erase the Earth
> to e-mail me.

yeah, just never had a problem before, even my slightly dodgy copy of
Tactics Ogre works fine. I take it I should give up the cartridge as dead?
Will Ninetendo fix it? Have read a lot about dodgy Pokemon Sapphire
cartridges...

"CK" <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "DeepThought" <deep_42_thought@hotmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
> > CK <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I got it from a seller on Amazon, so its kind of similar I suppose,
> > > no box or manual, had great feedback. Cartridge is blue, made in
> > > Japan, which I assume all pokemon sapphire cartridges are. The seller
> > > is called gamesaficionado
> >
> > Buying GBA games from 3rd parties (ie, eBay or Amazon Sellers) is always
> > very iffy purchase... as if you got what appeared to be a GREAT price
for
> > cart-only... it's most likely a shoddy and buggy counterfeit cartridge.
> > avoid bootlegs, buy direct from 2nd parties (ToysRus, Gamestop,
> Amazon.com,
> > EBGames) or screen 3rd parties VERY carefully.
> >
> > --
> > -----------
> > Deep Thought
> > Erase the Earth
> > to e-mail me.
>
> yeah, just never had a problem before, even my slightly dodgy copy of
> Tactics Ogre works fine. I take it I should give up the cartridge as dead?
> Will Ninetendo fix it? Have read a lot about dodgy Pokemon Sapphire
> cartridges...

I would contact Nintendo by phone (800) 255-3700 or visit the wesite
www.nintendo.com.