Sign in with
Your question

How to connect the USB front ports of the Lancool Pc-K63 on the Asus P8p67 PRO?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Connection
  • USB
  • USB3
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 29, 2012 6:31:19 AM

Hello,i have this problem.
I tried to install the Asus P8p67 pro on the Lancool pc-k63.The problem is that when i try to install the USB 3.0 bracket that comes with the mobo, i can't install the USB front panels of the case because the Mother comes with only one USB 3.0 connector (that is being used by the bracket).
Should I give up and choose between one of the two?

More about : connect usb front ports lancool k63 asus p8p67 pro

April 30, 2012 5:05:05 PM

Please respond,the other threads have responses except this one.Why?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2012 5:20:29 PM

I'm not sure why it's taken so long to get a post to your problem. The only thing I can suspect is it's because your OP isn't 100% clear as to what your problem is.

The ASUS board you have comes with a box that allows you to present 2 USB3.0 ports to the front of any tower. This is done by taking up a 5.25" bay (I think that's the size). If you opt for this, you cannot attach any more USB ports to that motherboard connector.

Assuming you're also trying to connect the 1x3.0 USB port in your case, this will not be an option if you use that box.

Does this help?
m
l
Related resources
May 5, 2012 5:52:43 AM

Yes, it does , thank you.

My problem was that the Motherboard comes with only one connector for the 3.0 USB.
So,if i wanna use the 3.0 USB that comes with the case,i can't use the box with the 2 x 3.0 USB that comes with the Motherboard,because they share the same connector (or atleast i think so).Thank you anyways.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2012 9:30:14 AM

Think of it this way, the board only has a header that can support 2 USB 3.0 ports. If you use the supplied box, that occupies those 2 ports. If you don't, then the port built into the case has somewhere to go. :) 

You alternatively could get a USB3.0 PCI card that has internal ports (not the most common but they exist). This would let you have the box as well as somewhere to connect the case's port..
m
l
!