Sign in with
Your question

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Ports

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2011 7:01:31 PM

I have a X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional card that I use and I finally have money to upgrade my speakers. Looking at this picture I have no clue what ports are for what and after googling for a while no one seems to have a answer anywhere.

The two on the right are digital I'm pretty sure and the green is the standard out port and I believe that the port on the far left (blue) is line in, but what are the others? What I'm guessing is that they are for 5.1/7.1 configurations, but if so which ones are for which speakers? The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of possibly buying seperate subwoofers and satellites and just hooking them up manually (without a receiver) and I need to know how a traditional 5.1 setup is hooked up to the card to know whether or not that is even possible or practical.
August 11, 2011 8:53:14 PM

Blue = Line In/Mic In [shared I think]
Green = Stereo Output
Grey/Orange/Black = Rear, Side, and Center/Sub [I forget the exact layout offhand...]

Farthest right are teh digital SPDIF Input/Outport ports.
m
l
August 11, 2011 9:13:27 PM

Alright so if you are using grey/orange/black for surround sound you wouldn't be using the green one then? Or would the green one would be used for something as well in a 7.1 setup? Because if grey/orange/black are rear/side/center/sub you are still missing the 2 front ones for a 7.1 setup cause you have the center, front, side, rear + subwoofer.

Also would i need to buy a center + subwoofer together to plug into the 1 slot that is for center/sub?
m
l
!