Sign in with
Your question

My mouse doesnt work in my computer but in other computers works

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 11, 2011 7:13:36 PM

my mouse doesnt work in my computer but in other computers works please i need help is this a virus? how can i fix this?

More about : mouse doesnt work computer computers works

a c 152 à CPUs
August 12, 2011 12:30:18 AM

is this a usb mouse? if so does it light up (the laser underneath)??
Does any other usb device work in your computer?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 12, 2011 7:14:00 AM

Yes it is a usb mouse. The red light is ok but when I move the mouse the cursor doesnt move . Can you help me?
Related resources
August 12, 2011 12:23:13 PM

you need the proper drivers, what OS do you run?(e.g:Windows vista, Windows 7, Mac OSX) and who made your mouse?

Why do you need the drivers? Simple, they are the instructions your computer uses to "talk" to your mouse, right now, your mouse is just speaking gibberish to your computer.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 12, 2011 12:30:58 PM

I run windows XP but they're cracked.. i ve had this pc for 2-3 years and this is the first time my mouse doesnt work.. I've tried many new mouses but they all fail to work.. In my other pc (the one im running now) all seems to be fine with the mouses and i know that there is something wrong with the other computer. Can you help me?
August 12, 2011 2:04:34 PM

Does your USB drive recognize other devices plugged into it? If it doesn't then it might be that you USB port is broken.
August 12, 2011 2:39:48 PM

First, piracy should never be mentioned here; fair warning.
Second, try another USB port.
I still think it may be a driver.
Here's a quick fix:
Plug the mouse in, go to control panel, click "mouse", select the hardware tab, you should see a device with a name like USB mouse, click on it, hit the properties button, under the driver tab there should be an uninstall button, click it (if it is greyed out, go to the general tab, and click "change settings" first), after the mouse is uninstalled unplug your mouse and plug it back in ( for best results, you should be connected to the internet). Windows should reinstall your mouse automatically!

NOTE: I prepared these instructions under windows 7 (it may vary slightly)
a c 152 à CPUs
August 13, 2011 10:02:12 PM

In device manager, is anything got a yellow exclamation mark or red x on it?
August 14, 2011 5:08:24 PM

There shouldn't be, but the yellow mark means that the driver is there, but broken. The Red X means that the driver is missing. This should fix that.

EDIT:
which devices have marks by them?
June 24, 2014 11:42:16 PM

i know this isnt my post but chaor it didnt work for me
!