Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Sabertooth Z77 or MSI-Z77-GD65?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 29, 2012 8:51:11 AM

Out of all components, for me it's the motherboard that's confusing. So many things that are hard to compare and overwhelming to me.

Out of everything, one of my most important concern is longevity.

MSI's "Military Class III" got my attention. I will be using my PC to render things that might take rendering time more than 8 hours. Which means all PC core will possibly be at 100% usage while rendering and leaving PC on whole night. So I need some tough hardware to maintain longevity of the mobo.

Sabertooth advertises it's board with "TUF" component.

It's really hard to know which board are reliable in their longevity or are these all just gimmicks? I may never know untill i actually use one.

What are your opinions? plus, do you suggest other reliable boards?

Thanks
May 4, 2012 12:40:58 AM

well both of these are top class boards, and tuf and military class III are gimicks basically but msi does pass the mc3 thing but its mainly a gimicknow with that being said both have some cons and pros ill start with the sabertooth

sabertooth-

Pros-
wifi
it has thermal armor Protects against dust and heat but most people just get it for looks
it is an asus board so it has great bios
one of the best z77 boards on market
3 year warranty
cons-
over priced 240 on new egg
has slightly lower ocing than msi but guess that doesnt matter to u

msi z77 " have this board so i can give a more in depth opinion on it"

Pros-
Cheap 170
for that cheapness u get one of the highest rated z77 mb out there
Great bios
3 year warranty
best ocing board
one of the best mother boards for z77 out there

cons-
well my first one had bent pins but i blame ups, and it only has 2 usb 3.0 on back and on inside most people it doesnt matter
no wifi

puts pci config in x8 x4 x4 if u use all slots prob doesnt matter for you

But what it all comes down too is brand loyalty and which board color scheme u like better and what features are more appearing
So 170 for a cheap one of the best no wifi board or 240 for a thermal armour wifi with an asus bios

when it comes down to it there equal in all performance so final decision is up to u
May 4, 2012 1:02:41 AM

anyways it wont let me edit statement i said before so disregard what i said about the wifi on the sabertooth it isnt there.
Related resources
May 14, 2012 3:55:16 PM

Thank You for your opinion. I'm really paranoid cuz I i might be stressing my PC with rendering times so needed a reliable one.
I guess I can trust either one blind folded.
July 2, 2012 10:45:09 PM

The sabertooth has a 5 year warranty
!