Sign in with
Your question

"No Audio Output Device is installed"

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2011 8:38:46 PM

I'm not too sure if this is where this thread belongs but if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. I recently moved all the parts (Motherboard, Power Supply, Hard Drive, and Optical Drive) from an old HP Pavillion a6142n to a new Thermaltake tower. Everything went fine except now i get this error message:

"No Audio Output Device is installed"

My motherboard specs (According to Speccy) are:

Manufacturer: ECS
Model: Nettle2
Chipset Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset Model: MCP61
Chipset Revision: A3
Southbridge Vendor: NVIDIA
Southbridge Model: MCP61
Southbridge Revision: A2

I believe it has something to do with the connections i made on the motherboard. I have an HD Audio and an AC 97 connector:

Here are the connectors on my motherboard:

I'm not entirely sure where to plug these connectors in to. I've looked around the internet and the only answer i can find is to refer to my motherboard manual. I've searched extensively and cannot find the manual for my model. I also re-installed Windows 7 to make sure that wasn't the problem.

Any help would be appreciated. :D 
August 11, 2011 9:34:47 PM

Both are missing the 4th pin in the second row. So where exactly do i connect it to?
Related resources
August 12, 2011 2:53:03 AM

Anyone?
August 12, 2011 1:31:59 PM

keep them in same alignment and try -- there is only 4 possible combinations (both same direction keyed to missing hole HD audio up top, 97 audio bottom, then keep the one that is in line with the missing hole in place, turn the other one around,, then if that doesn't work, put 97 audio up top and HD audio on bottom and continue,,,)

should have your answer in 20 min or less.

also recheck your drivers,, sometimes disconnecting equipment resets them --- weirder things can happen
August 12, 2011 1:47:01 PM

monkeysweat said:
keep them in same alignment and try -- there is only 4 possible combinations (both same direction keyed to missing hole HD audio up top, 97 audio bottom, then keep the one that is in line with the missing hole in place, turn the other one around,, then if that doesn't work, put 97 audio up top and HD audio on bottom and continue,,,)

should have your answer in 20 min or less.

also recheck your drivers,, sometimes disconnecting equipment resets them --- weirder things can happen

So both connectors go into that black section with the pins on the motherboard? I believe there's only room for one of those connectors because they both need that missing hole.

I can't even check the driver because my sound card doesn't show up in my device manager.
August 12, 2011 4:03:52 PM

Yellow section,, the black section is something else

to be honest i think it is a driver issue,,,the connectors you are showing are for the front panel

that is weird that it wont show up, should be in sound area,,, try to still download the drivers from realtek,, and see what they say when you try to install,,,should be AC'97 ALC888 7.1 drivers HD ones,,
August 12, 2011 9:32:38 PM

Well i plugged the HD Audio connector into the yellow section on the motherboard. I'll try finding the drivers next.
August 13, 2011 12:33:17 AM

The thing is.. I'm not sure if the drivers are from Realtek or not.
August 13, 2011 11:19:54 PM

Anybody?
August 15, 2011 1:32:52 PM

Yes, REALTEK for shizzle,,, as per my previous post,,, my gateway PC has a variant of your MB, should be same driver, worst case, it doesn't work -- but i'm 99.9% sure that's what it is.
get the HD drivers,, will give you more use out of your sound and more adjustments.
!