Sign in with
Your question

MSI Radeon HD 5670 graphics delayed/lagged/slowed down

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 8, 2011 8:22:03 AM

Hello,
a week or two ago I made a topic on this forum regarding my problem and thought with nukemaster's help I fixed it by switching from LCD to a CRT monitor, but unfortunately the problem persists.

I bought the pc about 3 weeks ago and since then I'm struggling with this problem. My specs are:

MSI 870-C45
AMD Athlon II X3 445 3.1GHz
MSI Radeon HD 5670 Cyclone
4GB ram DDR3
Fortron FSP460-60GHN 460W
with monitor SyncMaster 753dfx
running on windows 7

The problem I have are graphics delayed, slowed down, lagged in most games (don't mistake it with stuttering, it NEVER stutters/never freezes, only delays). It even drops down to 23 fps and still no stuttering/freezing, only the delay gets bigger. When I move my mouse, the cursor is delayed/lagged by quarter/half second.

I have no lag in GTA4, but I do in starcraft 2 and world of warcraft, so it seems it might be a problem with direct3d or openGL. No idea which game uses what tho. An option 'reduce input lag' in world of warcraft and starcraft 2 fixes the lag, but most games don't have that.

I used to have the same problem on my old pc with 6600GT or 7300GT (can't exactly remember) but back then I just installed newest drivers and it worked. Might be just some setting in CCC forcing no fps drops and instead causing lag/delay.

I really have no idea and am trying to figure this out for a long time. Please help.
Thanks in advance.
March 8, 2011 2:44:55 PM

Ohhh no, not again.

I think they all run on DX

I am all out of ideas, sorry, nothing helpful today from me.
March 9, 2011 8:45:44 AM

There's got to be a way to fix this :/ 
I just can't believe it. It's a new PC, how can something not work. Doubt it's a faulty card, possible tho.
April 25, 2011 12:53:12 PM

After incredible amount of time spent searching about this problem I finally found out the root of the problem.

Installing windows XP 32 bit fixed every lag as well as made the pc run much faster so it either was a faulty windows 7 version or just any windows 7 which I am yet to discover.

Posting this in case someone experiences the same problem someday and hopefully finds this.
Related resources
!