Sign in with
Your question
Solved

USB 3.0 Header adapter?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 29, 2012 5:20:09 PM

Hello, I am having a problem with the number of internal USB 3.0 headers on my AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard. The Motherboard has one internal 20 pin USB 3.0 header, which is fine, and it also comes with a free USB 3.0 front panel. The case i am buying (CoolerMaster HAF 932) also comes with 2 front panel USB 3.0 ports that connect to the motherboards internal header. However the problem is that the Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard only has 1 header. Is there any adapter or splitter that i can get for the header on the motherboard ( I don't mind having the cable loop out the back of my case to the IO panel's usb port). I have searched and all I have found is 2 adapters on the Coolermaster website, but i don't think i can buy it from them. Is there anything else I can use?

(PS- I don't mind getting an adapter to go into a normal USB 2.0 header or port.... I just want my ports to work, although preferably at 3.0 speeds, but I am kind of desperate at this point.)

Thanks in advance! :) 

More about : usb header adapter

a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2012 1:47:59 AM

Just don't use the plate that comes with the Mobo and just use the case's. Are you really gonna be using 4 usb3.0 ports at the same time.
m
l
May 6, 2012 7:40:39 PM

I would like to use them all if I can, the question is, Can I?
m
l
Related resources
May 11, 2012 3:34:01 PM

This may work for you.

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/usb-3-0-19pin-to-2-external-...

I had a similar problem in that my case came with USB front ports that ended in a usb 3.0 mb connector, but the motherboard did not have a 3.0 header. I bought the above item and then had to route the connectors to the rear USB 3.0 ports. It works fine.
m
l

Best solution

May 22, 2012 8:29:48 PM

I think this is what you're looking for...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15244/cpa-617/Lian_Li...
December 7, 2012 12:40:04 PM

Thank you very much! This is exactlty what I was looking for.
m
l
October 27, 2013 3:03:45 PM

sbpenguin said:
Hello, I am having a problem with the number of internal USB 3.0 headers on my AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard. The Motherboard has one internal 20 pin USB 3.0 header, which is fine, and it also comes with a free USB 3.0 front panel. The case i am buying (CoolerMaster HAF 932) also comes with 2 front panel USB 3.0 ports that connect to the motherboards internal header. However the problem is that the Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard only has 1 header. Is there any adapter or splitter that i can get for the header on the motherboard ( I don't mind having the cable loop out the back of my case to the IO panel's usb port). I have searched and all I have found is 2 adapters on the Coolermaster website, but i don't think i can buy it from them. Is there anything else I can use?

(PS- I don't mind getting an adapter to go into a normal USB 2.0 header or port.... I just want my ports to work, although preferably at 3.0 speeds, but I am kind of desperate at this point.)

Thanks in advance! :) 

USUALLY these PC Cases made for USB 3.0 have SOME TYPE of Y-Adapter that you hook up to your 20-Pin adapter and it supplies the connection for your 2 NEW USB 3.0 Ports. At least mine did. Also IF you GOOGLE "USB Header Adapter" you can also find some NEAT adapters for USB 2.0 AND 3.0 as well. I boot my NAS off of a 16GB USB Dongle that's attached to the USB 2.0 Header on my Motherboard. It gives me 2 USB 2.0 adapters so I can add more if I want to...

Hope this helps...
m
l
!