GBA SP accessory recommendations

mark

Two questions:

Which accessories are most helpful?

Which company(ies) products are good, and which should I avoid?
I know most offer combo packs. I have Gamecube,too.

Thanks.

Mark wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> Which accessories are most helpful?
>
> Which company(ies) products are good, and which should I avoid?
> I know most offer combo packs. I have Gamecube,too.
>
> Thanks.

My boyfriend bought me a big accessory pack when he bought me the
gameboy. The pack was $50 and each accessory (new in stores) is
generally around $10 so depending on what you want, it can be a good
deal. My pack is from Intec - I don't know if they have a good rep or what.

I found the "wings" that you can add to the SP are very useful - they
make it much more comfortable - more like a PS controller, which is what
I am more used to.

The charger/stand is good - i leave it on my desk plugged in and I just
pop the GB in it to charge.

Since you have a game cube, you may want the cable that lets you attach
the two - I don't have a game cube so this is useless to me. The pack I
got also came with a cable to let you attach two GBAs for multi-player
games.

The audio accessories seemed kinda cool at first but I haven't used them
much - that's external speakers, an AM/FM radio attachment, and an
addapter so you can use earphones.

The car adapter is great - I'd be really sad without it :)

I thought the piece that snaps on and lets you stick two carterages
directly on the GB would be useful but that's something else I haven't
wound up using much.

I've never used the neck strap and belt clip and doubt I will, but you
may find them useful.

The screen magnifier is, to me, useless - I only notice a tiny
difference and it makes the GB akward and bulky.

My kit also came with 2 screen protecters (which I definately use and
think are worth it) and a spare battery, along with a little screw
driver to let you change batteries.

Finally, it came with three "face plates" to let you customize the
outside of your GB - to me, these are silly and annoying, and kinda flimsy.

The organizer bag it came with is good - it does hold everything well
and neatly and I have room for all my games (14 so far). I *don't* like
the color though - it is a very shiny silver. YMMV

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:45:58 -0400, "Mark" <mprock1@pcom.net> wrote:

>Two questions:
>
>Which accessories are most helpful?
>
>Which company(ies) products are good, and which should I avoid?
>I know most offer combo packs. I have Gamecube,too.
>
>Thanks.

The most useful items, IMHO, are:
1. Hand grips (sometimes refered to as wings as it resembles the
joysticks of the Gamecube or PS2). These will ease the cramps of
holding the GBA SP for a lenghty period of time.

2. Magnifying lens - Not an issue for kids but the units are also
being bot and played by adults. The image is rather small (target
audience is Kids!).

This will help your vision in the long run!

Mz