Sign in with
Your question

GA-Z77-DS3H No audio front or back panel, hopeless

Last response: in Motherboards
April 30, 2012 1:04:17 AM

Hi -

Did a new build with my son this weekend and everything came up flawlessly...but no sound. I have connected the case front panel using the HD audio connection.

I have installed the latest RealTek drivers (actually deleted and reinstalled a couple of time) and the video card (Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti) thinking there was some conflict there. But no audio from the front or back, RealTek Audio Manager does not detect when a headset is plugged in either. I tried disabling the front panel detection and that did not fix it.

I have confirmed that the BIOS is up-to-date and that audio is enabled.

The volume Mixer equalizer shows audio with the bouncing green light but nothing we can hear. We checked the headsets on another PC and they worked fine.

What am I missing? Please help. Thanks!

a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2012 11:28:56 PM

Are you using the hdmi cable for the video? All your sound might be going thru that. Use your control panel and select hardware and sound then use the manage audio devices and see if you can change it to the other devices.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 15, 2012 3:16:43 PM

truerode said:
Hi -

Did a new build with my son this weekend and everything came up flawlessly...but no sound. I have connected the case front panel using the HD audio connection.

I have installed the latest RealTek drivers (actually deleted and reinstalled a couple of time) and the video card (Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti) thinking there was some conflict there. But no audio from the front or back, RealTek Audio Manager does not detect when a headset is plugged in either. I tried disabling the front panel detection and that did not fix it.

I have confirmed that the BIOS is up-to-date and that audio is enabled.

The volume Mixer equalizer shows audio with the bouncing green light but nothing we can hear. We checked the headsets on another PC and they worked fine.

What am I missing? Please help. Thanks!

Problem fixed: In realtek HD audio manager, click on Connector setting (it has an icon like a folder), then disable Front panel jack detection. The FP audio is now functioning!
m
l
!