Sign in with
Your question

HELP ASUS P8P67 Deluxe A2/AE Error

Last response: in Motherboards
April 30, 2012 5:23:37 AM

I recently built my first PC. I just booted it up and I'm getting an A2 followed by AE error on the motherboard. I've reseated the memory, tried booting with only 1 stick, removed and reattached videocard. I believe this is a VGA error. Has anyone had this problem with this combination?

The beep error is a long beep followed by 3 short beeps... after a few seconds another beep follows and this pattern is not listed in the manual.

[Cooler Master HAF 922]
[ASUS P8P67 Deluxe]
[i7 2600k]
[Cooler Master Hyper 212+]
[ASUS NVidia GTX 570]
[MBox 2 Pro]
[Corsair Pro Series HX850 Power Supply]
May 22, 2012 1:32:55 AM

Greetings,

I too am building my first pc and was wondering if you ever found a solution. My build uses the same motherboard and I'm receiving the same error you mentioned (the long beep followed by three short beeps and after a few seconds an additional beep).

Just thought I would ask since I might be having the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
m
l
March 20, 2013 9:59:00 PM

Hey i actually just finished a build on an asus motherboard.

I had the A-2 Error.

go into the bios and set your hard drives to IDE then reboot.

It got rid of my A-2 error, but now i am left with AE

AE is legacy boot event. And considering I am still waiting on my OS to arrive

I think it is just the computer saying hey there is nothing here to boot up with.

Ill find out in a day or so, hopefully some more experienced people will come through here
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 100 V Motherboard
March 21, 2013 1:12:21 AM

Rcart024 said:
Hey i actually just finished a build on an asus motherboard.

I had the A-2 Error.

go into the bios and set your hard drives to IDE then reboot.

It got rid of my A-2 error, but now i am left with AE

AE is legacy boot event. And considering I am still waiting on my OS to arrive

I think it is just the computer saying hey there is nothing here to boot up with.

Ill find out in a day or so, hopefully some more experienced people will come through here

AE will stay even in normal operation. New Intel microcode generates this code even on succesful BOOT of OS. Nothing to worry about if the board is working fine.

-Raja
m
l
!