Cingular Data Connect Unlimited overcharge ($3,000) questi..

Treo 650
Data Connect Unlimited & Nation 600/Rollover Plans

New contract, new phone, from day one I've had both the unlimited data
and nation 600 plans. My first bill is for $3,000+. I called Cingular
and they said the $3,000 was for data and they didn't see anything wrong
with my account. I explained there must be an error because I paid for
the unlimited data plan. I was told my issue would be forwarded to the
re-rate team and I'd receive a call back in 3-5 business days.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is this common? Did Cingular resolve the
issue?

TIA
Brashen

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just had something similiar happen with my blackberry, with unlimited
blackberry data. I used the phone as a modem connected to my laptop,
and used the WAP apn. My understanding is that I get unlimited wap and
blackberry data with that plan. I noticed that there was 5,000 KB of
GPRS usage, with no charges, and 590 KB of Internet Express, which I
got billed 3 cents/KB for. I called, and they credited the charges...
I wonder why this happens. Now I'm not sure when I use the "cingular
browser" on the blackberry if I would get charged, since that uses WAP.

Do try calling multiple times. The second phone call, the guy seemed
to know right off what was happening, and immediately credited my
account, no questions asked. The first rep blamed me, and told me "you
knew you were getting charged". So your milage will vary depending on
who you get. Definitely try to get the wireless internet group, that
person was the one who helped.

YES, I've had this problem with them multiple times....
SO FAR, it was resolved each time. I've had service for 10 months and
2 lines. What is so strange about my resolutions is, EACH time after
escalations and multiple calls and call backs, the problems were
eventually resolved by a person who answered at the intial level.
They were always courteous, but about the ONLY thing I can think of
the upper people or data techs did was approve what was done by the
first line folks. I have (since my first 3 months) learned that all I
do is call back multiple times until I finally get someone that knows
AND understands what is going on. Some here have better experience and
some worse, but based on MY experience, you won't get the call back or
if you do, it won't be in the time frame specified.
DO try to get it resolved befor the next billing cycle.
Keep a record of date/time/name of your calls and what was said.
It was amazing to me that nothing was confirmed on my account until I
quoted something and then the "OH, there it is, I see it noted here
now".
Don't give up the war just because you loose a battle !!!
Larry