Cingular Data Connect Unlimited overcharge ($3,000) questi..

Treo 650
Data Connect Unlimited & Nation 600/Rollover Plans

New contract, new phone, from day one I've had both the unlimited data
and nation 600 plans. My first bill is for $3,000+. I called Cingular
and they said the $3,000 was for data and they didn't see anything wrong
with my account. I explained there must be an error because I paid for
the unlimited data plan. I was told my issue would be forwarded to the
re-rate team and I'd receive a call back in 3-5 business days.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Is this common? Did Cingular resolve the
issue?

TIA
Brashen
2 answers Last reply
More about cingular data connect unlimited overcharge questi

    I just had something similiar happen with my blackberry, with unlimited
    blackberry data. I used the phone as a modem connected to my laptop,
    and used the WAP apn. My understanding is that I get unlimited wap and
    blackberry data with that plan. I noticed that there was 5,000 KB of
    GPRS usage, with no charges, and 590 KB of Internet Express, which I
    got billed 3 cents/KB for. I called, and they credited the charges...
    I wonder why this happens. Now I'm not sure when I use the "cingular
    browser" on the blackberry if I would get charged, since that uses WAP.

    Do try calling multiple times. The second phone call, the guy seemed
    to know right off what was happening, and immediately credited my
    account, no questions asked. The first rep blamed me, and told me "you
    knew you were getting charged". So your milage will vary depending on
    who you get. Definitely try to get the wireless internet group, that
    person was the one who helped.

    YES, I've had this problem with them multiple times....
    SO FAR, it was resolved each time. I've had service for 10 months and
    2 lines. What is so strange about my resolutions is, EACH time after
    escalations and multiple calls and call backs, the problems were
    eventually resolved by a person who answered at the intial level.
    They were always courteous, but about the ONLY thing I can think of
    the upper people or data techs did was approve what was done by the
    first line folks. I have (since my first 3 months) learned that all I
    do is call back multiple times until I finally get someone that knows
    AND understands what is going on. Some here have better experience and
    some worse, but based on MY experience, you won't get the call back or
    if you do, it won't be in the time frame specified.
    DO try to get it resolved befor the next billing cycle.
    Keep a record of date/time/name of your calls and what was said.
    It was amazing to me that nothing was confirmed on my account until I
    quoted something and then the "OH, there it is, I see it noted here
    now".
    Don't give up the war just because you loose a battle !!!
    Larry

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:51:36 GMT, brashen trell
    <brashentrell@mailinator.com> wrote:

    >Treo 650
    >Data Connect Unlimited & Nation 600/Rollover Plans
    >
    >New contract, new phone, from day one I've had both the unlimited data
    >and nation 600 plans. My first bill is for $3,000+. I called Cingular
    >and they said the $3,000 was for data and they didn't see anything wrong
    >with my account. I explained there must be an error because I paid for
    >the unlimited data plan. I was told my issue would be forwarded to the
    >re-rate team and I'd receive a call back in 3-5 business days.
    >
    >Has anyone had a similar issue? Is this common? Did Cingular resolve the
    >issue?
    >
    >TIA
    >Brashen

Cingular Connection Internet Service Providers