Sign in with
Your question

More Crysis 2 info on PC hardware from Nvidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 235 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 8, 2011 9:19:00 PM

I put in the ATI/AMD equivalent for fans of the other team

nVidia are as excited as the gaming public about the upcoming release of Crysis 2. While the game leaked online weeks ago in an unfinished beta state, the final version looks to be playable on a variety of hardware, without demanding a Bill Gates sized wallet.

According to Nvidia the game is playable on an old 8800GT (ATI 4830) graphics card with medium settings, running at 1680×1050 resolution. The 8800GT is the minimum specified card to run Crysis 2, which means that a fairly large sized audience will get access to the title. Moving up to the GTX460 (AMD 6850) means you can run it at 1920×1200 with hardcore settings. The GTX460 is a very popular hardware product and we would assume that a very large portion of the KitGuru audience will have one of these already in their gaming system.

The GTX570 (AMD 6970) will give 30fps+ at highest hardware settings and native resolution of 2560×1600 on a 30 inch screen, and the GTX580 will power through the experience like butter.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/carl/nv...
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2011 1:10:51 AM

I was incredibly disappointed at how well my 5770 played this game at 1080 P with the settings on the highest setting.....no upgrade for me :( 
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 11, 2011 2:31:25 AM

spentshells said:
I was incredibly disappointed at how well my 5770 played this game at 1080 P with the settings on the highest setting.....no upgrade for me :( 

why would you be disappointed with it? i think that most people want their not so high end rig able to max out the game :D  . hopefully the DX11 implementation will bog the performance down so much so people that are complaining are happy when they got crappy performance :pt1cable: 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 11, 2011 3:20:26 AM

I just hope there's a motion blur slider.
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 11, 2011 3:22:39 AM

benski said:
I just hope there's a motion blur slider.

i really did hope they bring 'advance' user setting back into the game :p 
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 11, 2011 3:41:16 AM

Not too much to adjust if a 460 maxes is out. Only one setting I would want to lower.
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 11, 2011 5:38:02 AM

renz496 said:
i really did hope they bring 'advance' user setting back into the game :p 

If the final release will be like the current Beta(in terms of settings),then there won't be much settings to change
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2011 12:33:36 AM

yeah I need an excuse to upgrade...470 was 200 cnd
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2011 2:16:41 AM

Heh...

I can tell you from personal experience that a 580, all settings cranked at 2560x1600, is not sufficient. It's fairly smooth, but I wouldn't call it "powering through like butter".
a b U Graphics card
March 12, 2011 10:08:00 PM

Thats odd @ 1080 the demo played with all setting as high as they would go and it was very smooth I didn't even bother to use fraps.

but I will tonight.
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 7:22:37 AM

spentshells said:
Thats odd @ 1080 the demo played with all setting as high as they would go and it was very smooth I didn't even bother to use fraps.

but I will tonight.

That's because 1080 is a heck of a lot easier on GPUs than 2560x1600 is. At 1080, my 580 is perfectly smooth.
a b U Graphics card
March 13, 2011 7:38:42 AM

renz496 said:
why would you be disappointed with it? i think that most people want their not so high end rig able to max out the game :D  . hopefully the DX11 implementation will bog the performance down so much so people that are complaining are happy when they got crappy performance :pt1cable: 

I assume you aren't an enthusiast then ?

I don't think many people will openly admit it, but when the original Crysis launched, it was a relief and it was exciting, that nobody could run it maxxed out, not even with 3 8800 Ultras.

Assuming many enthusiasts are like me, and enjoy upgrading their gpu at least once a year, it's MUCH more exciting to have a good reason to do it. Crysis was one of the reasons that I've upgraded so much in the last few years, it's satisfying to plug in your new hardware and finally get a great gaming experience.

When developers like Crytek abandon the pursuit of furthering graphics technology ( like no DX11, console style HDR/Blurred graphics ) There should be utter dissapointment from the PC enthusiast crowd, we shouldn't be 'happy' that a mid-range card can max the game out. And we're not talking about better coding here, just pure laziness from Crytek. They've given us all the same cookie because they only have one cookie cutter (consoles).
a c 141 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 13, 2011 8:01:40 AM

Annisman said:
I assume you aren't an enthusiast then ?

no i'm not :)  . but i'm totally agreed with you on your point on the last paragraph. many people said that crysis was poorly coded just because some high-end system could not max it out which in fact it is not. not very well optimized maybe but poorly coded i don't really think so. when the game was come out in 2007 is there any other game able to challenge crysis graphically? :D 
!