Dual Radeon HD 5570 vs ATI Radeon HD5850

omoplata

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Ok so im currently shopping for a new computer and have come upon some questions. Ive allways had problems deciding which graphics card to get(expecially when its nvidia vs ati since i dont know which is better because their numbers are all different) but i understand that the higher the number the better the card.

However with these two computers i am stumped. One of the computers has Dual Radeon HD 5570 and the other just has one graphics card the ATI Radeon HD5850. I am wondering which one would be better to go with? i know that alone the radeon hd 5850 would be faster but since their is two ati radeon hd5570s then maybe not.

So which would be faster guys? should i go with the two weaker graphics cards or the one stronger one.

Thanks!

(also i currently have a galaxy gt 220 1gb 128bit ddr2, if you know how fast the new cards will be in comparison to my old one include that too)

Zenthar

Distinguished
Be careful with the 6800 series, they are "one step behind" in term of performance: 6850 = 5830, 6870 = 5850, ... However, they are more efficient in both power and thermal dissipation. I think they are also smaller.

^^^

No, they are barley better in tessellation, gaining a frame or two while swooping by the dragon in unigine heaven over the 5 series. Trust me ive owned both and they both suck at tessellation. that is a myth, the 5 and 6 series are practically the same card and they are both blown away by even the tessellation power of a gtx 460, if its tessellation that you want you should avoid amd completely imo, that being said I own 6870 crossfire. When the 6 series was launched improved tessellation was one of the things they marketed but the truth is that it was barley improved upon.