Audio Ports stopped working

I recently changed the thermal paste on my CPU and had a small spill, which I cleaned up. The PC seems to be working fine however the sound has stopped working, it says that an HD audio device is not plugged in. I tried reinstalling the drivers, and restoring the computer to an earlier date however it has not helped. When I go into the device manager, there is one yellow exclamation at other devices, for "USB Controller", what could this be, and how can I install the driver for it? I'm pretty sure it likely to be the reason for why the sound isn't working however I have no idea how to figure out what it can be.

Any help is highly appreciated,

1 answer Last reply
More about audio ports stopped working
  1. I've tried reinstalling the drivers again and tried disabling the front panel ports, however the computer seems to detect the front panel ones when I actually disable them. I tried going into safe mode and removing all the sound devices and the yellow exclamations, no go. I think it might be best to simply get a cheap sound card, probably cheaper then trying to figure out what's wrong with the motherboard sound.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Audio Thermal Compound Components