Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will asus sabertoothx58 lga 1366 motherboard work with the i7-2600 sandy bridge

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 13, 2011 12:43:46 AM

If not what motherboard should I get
a c 114 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 234 V Motherboard
August 13, 2011 1:46:33 AM

It won't work; you need a socket 1155 motherboard. Since an i7-2600 can't be overclocked, but it has better support for virtualization than the i7-2600K, what's the purpose of your build? That will determine what motherboards are better for you.
m
0
l
August 13, 2011 3:32:47 AM

GhislainG said:
It won't work; you need a socket 1155 motherboard. Since an i7-2600 can't be overclocked, but it has better support for virtualization than the i7-2600K, what's the purpose of your build? That will determine what motherboards are better for you.



Thanks, I gave you the wrong CPU I’m actually looking at the Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K I,ll be using it for gaming mostly..
m
0
l
Related resources
August 13, 2011 3:49:49 AM

Yeah it'll work. If it doesn't fit easily then push it in really hard and squeeze the cooler on top.

Duh. Read the socket of the motherboard (1366) then read the socket of the cpu (1155). I think maybe you shouldn't be building a PC. Take it to a shop and have them do it for you.
m
0
l
August 13, 2011 5:23:05 AM

shoota said:
Yeah it'll work. If it doesn't fit easily then push it in really hard and squeeze the cooler on top.

Duh. Read the socket of the motherboard (1366) then read the socket of the cpu (1155). I think maybe you shouldn't be building a PC. Take it to a shop and have them do it for you.

Thanks for the reply Richard Head!
m
0
l
a c 114 à CPUs
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 234 V Motherboard
August 13, 2011 11:50:31 AM

n2chevy2 said:
Thanks, I gave you the wrong CPU I’m actually looking at the Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K I,ll be using it for gaming mostly..

The only difference is that the K series processors can be overclocked. What other components will you buy? Is there a requirement for SLI or CrossFire?

Based on your initial selection of the Asus Sabertooth X58, I presume that your budget for the motherboard is approximately $200. The ASRock Z68 Extreme4, Asus P8Z68-V Pro, ASUS P8P67 PRO, GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 and other Z68 or P67 motherboards should meet your requirements. Read the specs and the reviews and then select the one that best meets your requirements and budget.
m
0
l
!