Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What to Do When My Cyberpower Computer Shows Up

Last response: in Systems
May 18, 2011 5:09:32 AM

Hi everyone,

So I ordered a Cyberpower setup! And I would rather people didn't just tell me I made the wrong choice in the first place with Cyberpower :)  Thanks.

Here. I did my math and decided this was my best option, seeing I don't know how to build a computer, but would rather learn from troubleshooting a built computer, or figuring out what all I have. And as you can see.. with some coupons, I got the parts for what looks like under cost, and built for me..

" alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

anyways. SO. What do I need to do when I get the computer? To make sure everything is functioning properly and at its best? For example

-Make sure the drives are set to SATA 3 not 2
-Make sure crossfire is enabled
-Check for leaks in the water cooling
-Make sure my Motherboard is fully updated? (I don't really know how that works.)
-etc

I would be so very grateful is someone could help me know what to check out to make sure my system is running at its very best.

Thank you for your time

EDIT: I will have 3-4 other internal drives for storage.

More about : cyberpower computer shows

May 18, 2011 10:21:50 AM

You didn't get a data drive? Just the SSD? /facepalm
Score
May 18, 2011 11:22:21 AM

Well I think the first thing I would do if I were you would be to buy at least one HDD. Otherwise you are going to fill up your measly 100GB of storage very very quickly.

Secondly I would be very upset if I were you and a pre-built computer came without CrossFire enabled or holes in the water cooling. If the water cooling is leaking you will know it right away because you will probably have black smoke coming out of your computer very soon. As for the CrossFire there are plenty of benchmarks online for your GPU setup. I would try out a game and if the framerates are well below the benchmarks then there could be something wrong with your setup.

On a third topic I would recommend always building your own over a pre-built simply for the reasons you are worried about. What if something is wrong with your computer? Are you actually going to know where to start to fix it or are you going to have to lose your entire computer while someone else fixes it? Besides the fact that there are many, many tutorials online and many forums (like at THG) that are there to help you. It will always be more rewarding (and helpful) to know exactly what is under the hood of your computer and how it all connects.

Good luck with the new computer hope it all works and I hope you have a blast with it. It really is a beast of a machine!
Score
Related resources
May 18, 2011 3:54:43 PM

Great advice! Much better than the other guy :)  I have around 8 sata drives ranging from 1tb black drives to 2tb green drives and a few smaller ones, forgot to say that I'll have plenty of storage that I will be adding.

And yeah, I realize the tradeoffs in the way I am doing this, thanks for the caution. BUTTTT that's what I will have to deal with. I figure if the machine is really bad, I take the 100 dollar hit and that will bring me back to the price of building my own. Anyways! Less of what I asked we not do :) 

The graphics benchmarking is a great idea to make sure everything is running up to par, thanks. As for the water cooling I would run it first with paper towels under all connections.

Anything else?
Score
May 18, 2011 3:59:12 PM

cmcghee358 said:
You didn't get a data drive? Just the SSD? /facepalm

For a veteran that was a helpful comment :) . I have 8 or so of my own hard drives of which I will put into the computer.

/facepalm
Score
May 19, 2011 4:24:33 AM

I make my comments based on the information given. If you are unhappy with my comments please provide the necessary information.
Score
May 19, 2011 5:18:37 AM

cmcghee358 said:
I make my comments based on the information given. If you are unhappy with my comments please provide the necessary information.

lol... I said I forgot. You are so very grumpy, and cluttering up a useful thread to me.

edit: I take back what I said. Can't step on toes this early in joining this forum. :)  Just interesting that people are already unfriendly :) 
Score
May 19, 2011 6:33:27 AM

How am I unfriendly? You have 8 HDDs totalling what looks like over 10TB of capacity, and you didn't specify it in your "I bought a prebuilt post" which was asking some pretty basic questions.

So rather answer said questions, I in turn pointed out a glaring oversight in your build. Then I'm a jerk because I didn't know you had mountains of HDDs on standby.

Also when you "edit" a post just to leave in the derogatory statements but state that you "take it back" is stupid. If you take it back, you erase it.

Score
May 19, 2011 6:49:01 AM

cmcghee358 said:
How am I unfriendly? You have 8 HDDs totalling what looks like over 10TB of capacity, and you didn't specify it in your "I bought a prebuilt post" which was asking some pretty basic questions.

So rather answer said questions, I in turn pointed out a glaring oversight in your build. Then I'm a jerk because I didn't know you had mountains of HDDs on standby.

Also when you "edit" a post just to leave in the derogatory statements but state that you "take it back" is stupid. If you take it back, you erase it.

Wow. The point being, be nicer from the get go buddy, instead of criticizing someone for something you know nothing about. Be helpful, not negative ex. /Facepalm

maybe a... "You should buy a larger HD" like the other guy who was helpful. Do you troll the forums much?

Now I need to find a moderator to clear all this up... What a pain.
Score
May 19, 2011 6:52:16 AM

Omg, ok this is the last Im posting on this dead topic.

You showed a computer, with no HDD.

REGARDLESS of your woes and concerns of Xfire and liquid cooling, the MISSING HDD was actually the biggest flaw and concern for your PC.

THEREFORE I addressed that flaw. Great you have HDDs. My recommendation is if you want accurate feedback provide accurate data to base that feedback on.

Enjoy your new computer.
Score
May 19, 2011 6:57:34 AM

cmcghee358 said:
Omg, ok this is the last Im posting on this dead topic.

You showed a computer, with no HDD.

REGARDLESS of your woes and concerns of Xfire and liquid cooling, the MISSING HDD was actually the biggest flaw and concern for your PC.

THEREFORE I addressed that flaw. Great you have HDDs. My recommendation is if you want accurate feedback provide accurate data to base that feedback on.

Enjoy your new computer.

I didn't ask for you to find flaws or assess my computer did I? I asked for basic benchmarking and ideas on checking everything out for a noob. You have successfully not helped with anything I asked for. If your sarcastic comment was supposed to be helpful... Then thank you I guess.

Score
May 19, 2011 7:03:16 AM

Ok then my response should have been:

Install a HDD
Score
May 19, 2011 7:51:40 AM

Elmateo, you may want to run Memtest86+ to test your memory, prime95 for your CPU, or 3DMarks Vantage to benchmark. Maybe give overclocking a try as well.

cmcghee358, in the OP Elmateo indicated that he specifically wanted help with making sure his build was functioning properly. It's fine to point out that he's may want a storage drive, but let's try to be more tactful.
Score
May 19, 2011 8:21:15 AM

This topic has been closed by Mrface
Score
!