Best ddr3 ram amd phenom 9850

Bob72

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
im havin problems with asrock N68C-S UCC RUNNING AMD 9850 X4. Change from ddr2 over to ddr3 and it dont even bleep please help

techguy98

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I have read a number of posts on this website and they always seemed to have good information in the past. The Asrock n68c-s motherboard supports both DDR2 and DDR3 ram. It has two slots for each, and can hold up to 8 gigs of DDR2 or DDR3 (Read also as much as two 4 gig sticks of either one). You cannot run both DDR2 and DDR3 ram at once on this board, you must choose which type you want to use. That being said, I assume the OP's question was regarding how to switch over from DDR2 to DDR3 on this board. All you should have to do is power down the system (make sure it is also unplugged and that you are working grounded!) and remove the old DDR2 memory from the motherboard. Locate the slots for the DDR3 ram, they are color coded. I think the blue is DDR3 but I may be wrong, so double check before attempting to install. Be sure to confirm that the ram is in the right slot for the type you choose or it could damage your motherboard.

Another thing to do is to go on asrocks website and check if your ram is is under the comparability list.

So in short, you cannot run DDR3 in a DDR2 slot, which you probably already knew. However, you can run either DDR2 or DDR3 on this board, just not both at once. So for switching from running the older DDR2 to the running newer DDR3 just follow the above instructions. Make sure you use the proper slot and that the ram is listed as compatible and you are good to go!

Bob72

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012