Albusaidi

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
hi guys,
ii really need your help in getting an excellent gaming pc assembled and would really appreciate the advice on every thing since
i'm no expert in the latest and the items that can work togather,

I'v assembled 3 times befor and every time i get the specifation from you guys and build it and it really went well for the last 3 time.

Wat i'v noticed is that when u build PC, parts shud go along with each other and your PC will run smoothly and run for years as long as u maintain it with good anti virus, cleaning regulary etc, also noticed that after few years when your PC starts crashing every few hour and u go
buy a new graphic card and hope your issue to be sort out, the PC and the new graphic card dont go along and it neva works out,
kz that wat happened to me in the last 3 PC's i got. they do last for 4 years and start gradually dropping in performance since i use them
on daily basis gaming and Mainly flying simulator. so thats why every time i plan to build a pci try to get latest and highest preformance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: Maximum is $2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important:gaming only

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing) I'm happy with any web site

Country of Origin: Middle East, Oman, Welcome any time ;)

Parts Preferences:by brand or type : best brands for Case, Cooling, Prefer XFX if u guys think its good

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe --- I don't no what is Overclocking

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe ----- don't know this 1 2

Monitor Resolution: 1024x768

Additional Comments: I hope for two graphic card, excellent power supply since i connect to the PC alot of hardware aroudn 30 USB( for Flight Simulator) -- i got creative XFX sound card, and OS, Windows 7 ulti 64 Bit

I also want to use 2 -3 Moniters

Thanks Alot guys appreciate all replys

Here is a config - I have just listed the names, so you can check if they are available in your country,...

CPU - If only gaming, the Core i5 2500K would easily suffice, it is a very powerful CPU, and can handle even demanding games easy,...
But if you are planning to keep the PC for long, then you can get the i7 2600K
I choose the unlocked version because just incase you want to try overclocking, it would be very easy with those,...

Mobo - Get the new Z68 chipset based boards -
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

RAM - Corsair/ GSKillz/ Team/ Crucial RAM - 8GB sets are pretty cheap, so get those,...

CASE - You have many good options,...
Cooler MAster HAF series
Antec 1200/ 900/ 902,...
NZXT Tempest EVO, Phantom
So see which case you like, get that...

PSU - 750W/850W PSU from Antec TP series/ Corsair/ Seasonic/ Silverstone/ XFX

SSD - Get the newer 64GB SATA III SSDs such as the Crucial M4/ Corsair Force 3/ OCZ Vertex or Agility 3 for OS and apps

HDD - Samsung F3 1TB for Data

Graphics card -
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-game-performance-radeon-hd-6670,2935.html
2x HD 6950s would be a very good option,...

With the above build, you would still have money left to buy some good monitors,...

Albusaidi

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
thx gkay09

i wanted to ask if my current graphic card can be compitable with wat you have sugested - i have the GTX 285 XFX

do u think i can use it? kz according to one of the sales guys, that this series will be dicontinued soon and prefer to go to a new graphic card, wat do u think?

^ The GTX 285 is a powerful card, but is about 2 gen old,... If you want to stick with it, then its fine,... but you get many cards, which are cheaper, perform as good or even better and consume less power and give out less heat,... And the sales guy is right that it will be discontinued pretty soon,...