54 answers Last reply
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    sardu penned this response in uk.games.video.gamecube to a possibly
    pointless meandering on Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:01:52 GMT:

    >They don't want "GBA Connectivity" either. But Nintendo seems to waste
    >their time on it.

    And what have Sony been touting as one of the many revolutionary
    features of the PSP? If you said connectivity then give yourself a
    cookie.

    Of course, as further proof of how wantonly corrupt videogames
    journalists are, the same ones who've been only to willing to kick
    Nintendo for GC/GBA connectivity are cheering PS2/PSP connectivity.

    --
    contact: rev9of8@hotmail.com
    "In your day you were slacking if you didn't get in a

    The Reverend Bob wrote:

    > sardu penned this response in uk.games.video.gamecube to a possibly
    > pointless meandering on Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:01:52 GMT:
    >
    > >They don't want "GBA Connectivity" either. But Nintendo seems to waste
    > >their time on it.
    >
    > And what have Sony been touting as one of the many revolutionary
    > features of the PSP? If you said connectivity then give yourself a
    > cookie.
    >
    > Of course, as further proof of how wantonly corrupt videogames
    > journalists are, the same ones who've been only to willing to kick
    > Nintendo for GC/GBA connectivity are cheering PS2/PSP connectivity.

    Well in the case of PS2/PSP connectivity it is not meant to be a
    replacemen or a substitute to online gaming. In Nintendo's case that was
    the case. Nintendo was basically telling people "you don't need online
    gaming when you can have this instead". *That* is the big difference
    between the two and that's why no one's bashing Sony's take on
    connectivity IMO.

    Not to mention the fact that the GC/GBA connectivity was used in cases
    where it was not needed: FF:CC and LOZ:FSA and prevented many of us from
    truly enjoying these games.

    Adnan

    > --
    > contact: rev9of8@hotmail.com
    > "In your day you were slacking if you didn't get in a
    > couple of genocides before breakfast."
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Adnan wrote:

    > The Reverend Bob wrote:
    > >
    > > sardu penned this response in uk.games.video.gamecube to a possibly
    > > pointless meandering on Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:01:52 GMT:
    > >
    > > >They don't want "GBA Connectivity" either. But Nintendo seems to waste
    > > >their time on it.
    > >
    > > And what have Sony been touting as one of the many revolutionary
    > > features of the PSP? If you said connectivity then give yourself a
    > > cookie.
    > >
    > > Of course, as further proof of how wantonly corrupt videogames
    > > journalists are, the same ones who've been only to willing to kick
    > > Nintendo for GC/GBA connectivity are cheering PS2/PSP connectivity.
    >
    > Well in the case of PS2/PSP connectivity it is not meant to be a
    > replacemen or a substitute to online gaming. In Nintendo's case that was
    > the case. Nintendo was basically telling people "you don't need online
    > gaming when you can have this instead". *That* is the big difference
    > between the two and that's why no one's bashing Sony's take on
    > connectivity IMO.
    >
    > Not to mention the fact that the GC/GBA connectivity was used in cases
    > where it was not needed: FF:CC and LOZ:FSA and prevented many of us from
    > truly enjoying these games.
    >
    > Adnan

    Besides correcting the many repetitions I did with the word "case" I
    wanted to add (in extension to what I've already said) that I doubt Sony
    would use the connectivity feature the same way Nintendo did.

    Or even if they did, PS2 owners would always have the alternative of
    going online instead. For instance, if games like FF:CC or LOZ:FSA were
    online enabled as well as making use of the GC/GBA connectivity feature
    (in other words, one can choose to play the game using *either* one of
    these methods) I don't think the GC/GBA connectivity would be hated as
    much because it wouldn't be perceived as an obstacle but as a bonus.

    Adnan

    > > --
    > > contact: rev9of8@hotmail.com
    > > "In your day you were slacking if you didn't get in a
    > > couple of genocides before breakfast."
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "Delameko Stone" <dlux@REMOVEjslater.plus.com> wrote in message news:<YovHc.19361372$Of.3211520@news.easynews.com>...
    > > Really; "Which doesn't explain why their games are vastly superior to
    > > others."
    > > Please, point out to me which games are "VASTLY SUPERIOR" to top PS2 and
    > > XBox games.
    >
    > I think 'vastly' can't really be used, as the consoles are really so close
    > that its futile to say (beyond gameplay considerations) that any game vastly
    > is superior or inferior to another...
    >
    > I will say that Gamecube's hardware is equal if not slightly better than the
    > X-Box, no matter what Microsoft say... They say games like Morrowind,
    > Bloodwake or Halo can't be done elsewhere,

    When they made those comments I don't think they were saying they
    couldn't be done *graphically* elsewhere, I assumed they meant due to
    the reliance on the harddrive (in Halo's sake) they couldn't be done
    on other consoles.

    > but Starfox Adventures surpasses
    > them on the effects they cite as their selling points. Star Wars Rogue
    > Leader still has the highest polygons per second count in at 15m. (I can go
    > into more detail if necessary).

    But polys aren't everything. Fifteen million polys aren't going to
    improve texture quality, lighting, etc.

    > I'm not dissing the x-box, I have an x-box, and love it, and like I say, the
    > differences in hardware is really so small that it hardly matters. But
    > Gamecube actually has a slight edge over the X-Box.

    If the GC would ever release anything this year, then we could compare
    the top games visually, but I've never seen anything on my GC that
    looked as good a Ninja Gaiden.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,uk.games.video.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > If the GC would ever release anything this year, then we could compare
    > the top games visually, but I've never seen anything on my GC that
    > looked as good a Ninja Gaiden.

    Since I missed the hype for Ninja Gaiden, I didn't realise it was supposed
    to be a graphical marvel until I read a few post release comments about it.

    Given that the animation isn't that good, there's not a great deal of
    characters on screen at one time and the backdrops are largely static, I'm
    not sure I follow the hype around its graphics.

    Couple that with the the seeming different lighting of the lead character -
    he just seems to stick out from the surroundings... Maybe it's my TV...

    Personally, I think there are technically and aesthetically better Xbox
    games....

    t.

Console Gaming Games Video Nintendo Video Games