Building new CPU Sub 1000

thomasrs

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hello everyone,

Im looking to make a system I currently live in Brazil but will be buying most of the parts in the U.S an putting them in my luggage. With that said here we go:

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 month

Budget Range: 800-1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Surfing Internet, Downloading stuff.

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, mouse, speakers, case(Im buying that in Brazil seen that its too big to lug around.
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: amazon

Country of Origin: Brazil

Parts Preferences:
ASUS P8P67
Intel i5-2500k
ATI Radeon 6950(which model is best?, saphire,his...)
Case(will be purchasein Brazil) - I don´t know whether to choose from NZXT Phantom White or NZXT Lexa S any ideas?
PSU XFX Extreme Edition 650W( Should I install fan facing up or down?)
G. Skill Rip Jaws 2x2Gb

Overclocking: yes

SLI or Crossfire: no

Monitor Resolution: (1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments: Should I buy PSU in the U.S? will it be very heavy to put in my luggage? If not I can buy same PSU here. I am buying most of components outside U.S because they are muc cheaper there!

Is this a good build? Looking for suggestions to tweak it.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I like Sapphire for ATI models but MSI, xfx, his, asus are all good.

The NZXT Phantom is a great case. Looks great, has a nice design for cable/component management, and is a decent price.

PSU will be fine. XFX uses seasonic I believe. I'd recommend buying that in Brazil as they are heavy and come in a fairly large case. If you get the Phantom case the psu goes on the bottom so put the fan pointing up as I don't think it has a bottom vent.

Rest also looks good.