destroyon

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I'd appreciate any advice on what parts I should use in the gaming rig that I will be building in three weeks. It will be my first build. I want it to be able to run fallout 3 & new vegas on ultra, and get relatively good graphics when skyrim comes out. I plan on using it for three years at least, although I probably won't need it for gaming after two years from now. I don't really want to overclock it or do any fancy stuff with the settings, so simplicity is appreciated.

Approximate Purchase Date: 3 weeks from now

Budget Range: Between $1400 and $1600

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, general (surfing, microsoft word, ect.)

Parts Not Required: I am buying all the parts, so everything required

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, tigerdirect, maybee amazon

Country of Origin: U.S.

Parts Preferences: I would prefer the AMD 1100T BE, one of the Newer Radeon cards, and 8 gigs of ram. I am not very partial to brand though, so if there is a better deal for an intel or a NVida I could go with that.

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: maybee

Monitor Resolution: I don't care much about the resolution, but I want the size of the monitor to be somewhere around 23 or 24 inches, so whatever resolution I can get on that.

Additional Comments: I'm also getting a new keyboard & mouse (included in the budget) so recommendations for that would be great.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished
that processor sucks go with i5 2500k from amazon paired with a asrock p67 extreme4 motherboard from newegg. 8gb's of gskill ram 1600mhz from newegg, the cooler master storm enoforcer case for 90$ at amazon, the samsung spinpoint f3 1tb hdd for 60$ at amazon, the intel 320 series 80gb ssd from newegg, the hyper 212 plus cpu cooler at amazon for 30$, 2 6950's in crossfire 1 or 2gb cards your choice, and this dvd drive http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289 . the logitech g110 keyboard at tiger direct and the g500 mouse at newegg. this monitor is very good- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052 . also grab a windows 7 home premium oem version and put it on your ssd. mind you this rig is made to overclock, i think you should rethink your position since with these new intel cpu's, overclocking is so easy and safe now. yes safe! did i miss anything?

destroyon

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Thanks for the advice. I think you covered everything.

TRENDING THREADS