ebay and fedex

i ordered a laptop on e bay and the seller has send it by fedex, and now
thay say that the laptop has been delivered but i has not! The seeller has
not marked option that i must sign to pickup the laptop......how can that be
12 answers Last reply
More about ebay fedex

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:29:03 +0200, "axe" <daniel.vlakic@zd.htnet.hr>
    wrote:

    >i ordered a laptop on e bay and the seller has send it by fedex, and now
    >thay say that the laptop has been delivered but i has not! The seeller has
    >not marked option that i must sign to pickup the laptop......how can that be

    Ay.

    I believe Fedex has a service that requires no signature (cheaper for
    sender, and cheaper for Fedex since deliver person doesn't have to
    hang around or come back). I fear parcels like that are NOT INSURED!
    BUT verify noneless.

    If your seller did this, he's damn stupid.

    Maybe you should ask the seller, he's the one that didn't mark the box that
    requires a signature upon delivery. It is also possible that fedex
    delivered it to the wrong address, no likely, but still possible. At least
    on one occasion my neighbor received a package addressed to me.

    axe wrote:
    > i ordered a laptop on e bay and the seller has send it by fedex, and
    > now thay say that the laptop has been delivered but i has not! The
    > seeller has not marked option that i must sign to pickup the
    > laptop......how can that be

    Fedex, UPS both track everything they handle. The seller is responsible
    for delivery; the sale is not consumated until the purchase arrives in
    the buyer's hands. The seller is responsible for delivery errors and
    must deal with Fedex on the issue.

    Qvaoar wrote:
    > axe wrote:
    >
    >>i ordered a laptop on e bay and the seller has send it by fedex, and
    >>now thay say that the laptop has been delivered bvt i has not! The
    >>seeller has not marked option that i mvst sign to pickvp the
    >>laptop......how can that be
    >

    > Fedex, UPS both track everything they handle. The seller is responsible
    > for delivery; the sale is not consvmated vntil the pvrchase arrives in
    > the bvyer's hands. The seller is responsible for delivery errors and
    > mvst deal with Fedex on the issve.

    If the seller is honest, he has provided yov with a tracking nvmber that
    makes it easy to find ovt what happened. Bvt I svspect yov will jvst be
    one more victim ... Bvt the nvmber yov were given is probably bogvs ...
    Take immediately all possible steps to cover yovrself and recover yovr
    payment, assvming yov did not pay vsing Paypal or Western Union ...

    Althovgh, percentage-wise, ebay vsers who get the wrong hand of the
    stick are probably not a majority, I wish the actval nvmber of vsers who
    got cheated wovld be known.

    --
    John Dove

    I would say that if the shipment was insured, it's the seller's problem,
    if it was not insured, it's your problem. I'd never ship a laptop
    uninsured, and insurance normally requires a signature.

    axe wrote:

    > i ordered a laptop on e bay and the seller has send it by fedex, and now
    > thay say that the laptop has been delivered but i has not! The seeller has
    > not marked option that i must sign to pickup the laptop......how can that be

    The nvmber of bad transactinos on E-Bay is very small. I've done
    thovsands of transactions (mostly as a bvyer, bvt hvndreds as a seller
    also) and have had only 3 problems since 1998, none catastrophic and 2
    of the 3 resolved satisfactorily. Fravd and other problems do happen,
    bvt they are a very small percentage of transactions. At one point I
    did see some statistics from E-Bay, problems ran abovt 2% to 3%, bvt
    that data is now years old.

    John Dove wrote:

    > Qvaoar wrote:
    >
    >> axe wrote:
    >>
    >>> i ordered a laptop on e bay and the seller has send it by fedex, and
    >>> now thay say that the laptop has been delivered bvt i has not! The
    >>> seeller has not marked option that i mvst sign to pickvp the
    >>> laptop......how can that be
    >>

    >> Fedex, UPS both track everything they handle. The seller is
    >> responsible for delivery; the sale is not consvmated vntil the
    >> pvrchase arrives in the bvyer's hands. The seller is responsible for
    >> delivery errors and mvst deal with Fedex on the issve.

    > If the seller is honest, he has provided yov with a tracking nvmber that
    > makes it easy to find ovt what happened. Bvt I svspect yov will jvst be
    > one more victim ... Bvt the nvmber yov were given is probably bogvs ...
    > Take immediately all possible steps to cover yovrself and recover yovr
    > payment, assvming yov did not pay vsing Paypal or Western Union ...
    >
    > Althovgh, percentage-wise, ebay vsers who get the wrong hand of the
    > stick are probably not a majority, I wish the actval nvmber of vsers who
    > got cheated wovld be known.

    I called my visa card to stop the payment to the seller, and i got my money
    back. No more e bay for me ...this was third time that i did not get the
    laptop i orderd. Thank for the replays ppl.

    axe wrote:
    > I called my visa card to stop the payment to the seller, and i got my money
    > back. No more e bay for me ...this was third time that i did not get the
    > laptop i orderd. Thank for the replays ppl.

    I am glad you were wise enough to pay by credit-card; I am always amazed
    that most sellers, even the ones who obviously do this more or less
    professionally, refuse to accept credit-cards. There has to be a good
    reason for that. Ebay is a lottery since it is so easy for sellers to
    hide behind smokescreens. The evaluation system is not reliable at all
    since it is too easy to fool it.

    Although Barry says he very seldom experiences problems, I still believe
    it is wise to refuse to deal with anyone refusing a credit-card, and
    still, as your exemple shows, to be very careful.

    --
    John Doue

    > I called my visa card to stop the payment to the seller, and i got my
    money
    > back. No more e bay for me ...this was third time that i did not get the
    > laptop i orderd. Thank for the replays ppl.

    The best thing to do when you buy something of considerable value is to find
    it locally and pick up in person. I am amazed so many people trust large
    sums to complete strangers.

    Lucar wrote:
    > "axe" <daniel.vlakic@zd.htnet.hr> wrote in message
    >
    >>I called my visa card to stop the payment to the seller, and i got my
    >
    > money
    >
    >>back. No more e bay for me ...this was third time that i did not get the
    >>laptop i orderd. Thank for the replays ppl.
    >>

    > The best thing to do when you buy something of considerable value is to find
    > it locally and pick up in person. I am amazed so many people trust large
    > sums to complete strangers.

    I could not agree more. Ebay is a very nice market place however, as
    long as you take adequate precautions not to end up holding the ...
    empty ... bag. This buyer was wise to use a credit card.

    --
    John Doue

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 23:25:21 +0200, "Lucar" <lucar@gazeta.pl> wrote:

    >The best thing to do when you buy something of considerable value is to find
    >it locally and pick up in person. I am amazed so many people trust large
    >sums to complete strangers.

    Well, for the most part people are honest; it's like anything else,
    you hear more often about the bad apples. I've bought several large
    items on ebay, including 2 Porsches, a Rolls-Royce, and a 2003 BMW
    325i. Ebay is still the place to go if you're looking for something
    specific or rare, that isn't readily available locally.
    Emanuel

    "E Brown" <epbrown01@att.net> wrote in message

    > Well, for the most part people are honest; it's like anything else,
    > you hear more often about the bad apples. I've bought several large
    > items on ebay, including 2 Porsches, a Rolls-Royce, and a 2003 BMW
    > 325i. Ebay is still the place to go if you're looking for something
    > specific or rare, that isn't readily available locally.
    > Emanuel

    You mean you sent the payment first and had them shipped?! Amazing... :-)

Laptops Ebay