Need a mobo, but cant decide

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
So im planning to buy from this estonian retailer: Http://galador.ee - If you get google translate or chrome you can check it out.

So basically, i have a budget, im getting the 2500k and i need a mobo that would suit these needs:
lga 1155, supports sli OR crossfire (preferred SLI), it needs to be overclockable so i can overclock my cpu, it needs to support my ram (corsair vengeance 2x4gb), it needs to be matx or atx (but needs to be overclockable), i prefer asus or gigabyte cause im familiar with theyr bios.

Also, question:
Atheros lan chip - is that any good or should i stick with realtek ?

Ive been searching for a mobo for hours and days and i cant find a normal one from http://galador.ee - My budget is max 110 euros for a mobo.

I found only two socket 1155 motherboards on that site. Both support overclocking and SLI/X-Fire The 1st board here is smaller (uATX) but offers the Z68 chipset (which provides onboard graphics)
http://www.galador.ee/catalog/product/165387-ga-z68m-d2h-mb-z68-1155-matx-ga-z68m-d2h-giga-byte
The second board is larger (atx) and has the P67 chipset which does not offer built in graphics (a dedicated graphics card is needed)
http://www.galador.ee/catalog/product/150290-p8p67-le-asus-p8p67-le-intel-p67-4-x-dimm-ddr3-dual-channel-expa
Both are good boards but I personally would get the Z68 board (more features) of the two.

It is the same thing. Since there is no reversed y available on the US keyboard (the symbol for "micro") a lower case U is used for abbreviation. So uATX is the same as microATX (you're supposed to use your imagination and pretend the u is reversed and extends down on the left, like a reversed y would look).
Sorry for the confusion.

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
but should i just go with a fx8120, 990fx and a decent cooler and just overclock that processor ? i would still get a decent performance in games and multi/megatasking, livestreaming etc.

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
yes, but it doesent have sli(which ir eally want), it doesent support my specific ram on the list (i dont want to run into *** situations like i have before with ram and mobo) and its so expensive with the 2500k.
i can save 50 euros by going with gb-990fxa-d3 and 8120 and OC it to 4.0 or more :)

I can't argue against the AMD approach, you will save $$$ and if you want SLI support, the P8Z68-V LX isn't the way to go not to mention the ram - I know about ram issues. AMD's (IMO) are fun to play with clocks on and if it supports your ram, great. With 8 cores you'll want some serious cooling.

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
alright, gonna go with the fx then :)
since i have a budget and i really want an sli then fx8120 is great :) 50 euros cheaper than the 2500k (H) and it overclocks like a beast aswell.

i mean, it isnt yeah bette rthan 2500k but its not that much worse either, its just that they created so much hype so everybody had high hopes, but it wasnt as good so they trashed it, but its not that bad either. it can run anything i throw at it these days anyway - sooo :) win