Sign in with
Your question

Diablotek VTX3D - Radeon HD 4830 Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 9, 2011 9:20:02 PM

I am looking to buy a graphics card for around $70. I am a pretty serious gamer, but atm I am running a galaxy 9600 gt low power and the fan went out. I was looking around when I landed on this page This card is about $10-20 more than other 4830s but it has Core Clock: 625 MHz and Memory Clock:1986 MHz which is high compared to other 4830s I've looked at. If these numbers are right I will definitely buy this, but it concerns me that the numbers are wrong and it will be like other stock 4830s, in which case I will not buy it. Can anybody confirm this for me? Thank you!

P.S. The description also says "Overclocked: No"
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2011 9:21:52 PM

clock speeds dont mean much if the rest of the specs dont stack up. you can have 2 cards that have the same clock speeds but if one of them has ddr3 memory and one has ddr5, theres a huge differnce. also the number of streaming processors makes a big difference. so does the amount of memory.
m
l
March 9, 2011 9:24:29 PM

opexx said:
clock speeds dont mean much if the rest of the specs dont stack up. you can have 2 cards that have the same clock speeds but if one of them has ddr3 memory and one has ddr5, theres a huge differnce. also the number of streaming processors makes a big difference. so does the amount of memory.

I agree, but the only difference between this 4830 and others are the clock speeds. In which case, this is the better one.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2011 9:25:59 PM

well if they're the same specs with higher clock speeds then go for it man. I'm not a big ATI guy so I couldn't really help as far as a model to model thing goes, could only help with basic info xD
m
l
March 9, 2011 9:29:57 PM

opexx said:
well if they're the same specs with higher clock speeds then go for it man. I'm not a big ATI guy so I couldn't really help as far as a model to model thing goes, could only help with basic info xD

Yeah it just throws me off how it says it isn't overclocked yet it is the only 4830 with these clock speeds. Makes me wary that the stats are a lie, you know?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2011 9:31:18 PM

Nah they probably are, those aren't really that high of clock speeds. It may be superclocked and they don't post that but I doubt that too. If you get it just try overclocking it and see how it works, they have been noticed to overclock very well as psycho mentioned.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2011 12:15:58 AM

I personally own one as you can see in my sig...very capable card for the price
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2011 12:37:05 AM

None...it crossfires via software =/
m
l