How to adjust brightness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anybody knows how to increase the brightness of Divx files? When I convert DVD's to Divx, especially dark movies (ie. Godzilla) became too dark. Is there a way to cure this except increasing the brightness of your monitor :)?

<font color=blue>Get a T-Bird...
Impressive CPU + House heater in one package. What do you need more?</font color=blue>

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
There may be options within the program to change this. What are you using?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

I use FairUse and/or Flask. In FairUse, I couldn't see any setting at all (pretty straightforward though). In Flask, you can control the bit rate and etc but is there an option for brightness setting?

Regards,

BTW: Don't suggest the Nandup stuff please, it doesn't work on my system.

Impressive CPU + House heater in one package. What do you need more?</font color=blue>

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As you might have guessed Nandu<b>B</b> has an option for brightness. How are you joining sound when using Fair Use? The instructions I gave you have you using Nandub is that not working? If you can't get nandub to work at all Virtual Du<b>B</b> might have a brightning option under filters. I'm not at my video system so I can't check for sure. If it is there the way you would do it is to finish up the movie by your preffered method and then take the (almost) finished divx.avi into VD and run a "filter" on it.

Remember if you ain't Muslim you ain't Shiite.

G

FairUse + Virtual DUB works perfectly. I appreciate your help lakedude. However, no matter what I do, can't encode anything with Nandub. Direct Stream Copy and applying filters work though.

Anyway, I'll check the brightness filter when I get back to home.

Thanks again,

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Virtual Dub does indeed have a brightness/contrast filter under video/filters/add. Also the new media player sucks. Get a copy of an older Media Player and you will be able to right click/properties/advanced/divxvideo/properties/ and there is a brightness slider there.

Remember if you ain't Muslim you ain't Shiite.

G

Got it!!!

Now I can watch the dark scenes :)

It took 3 hours to apply the filter + Divx encoding. Strange that when I chose Direct Stream Copy for Video encoding (The avi was already coded with Divx) it tried to create a huge file again. Then I selected the Compression as Divx and set it to 1st pass quality, it worked just fine. Even the size of avi dropped by 10%. Nice :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.