Does windows 8 support hp laserjet 6l printer

channan_82

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Does Windows 8 (Microsoft) supports hp laserjet printer 6L. I need to install on my
Asus notebook wirelessly. Would I also need a to convert the printer cable attached with USB as the new notebook
will only accept USB.
Please help.

Secondly I need USB3 splitter. What is the cost.

Omkar Channan
E-mail: channan7@hotmail.com

Which specific Laserjet 6L do you own? It should be on a metal tag or sticker on the back.

4 product(s) found for:
Download drivers and software - hp laserjet printer 6L

» HP LaserJet 6L Gold Printer
» HP LaserJet 6L Pro Printer
» HP LaserJet 6Lse Printer
» HP LaserJet 6Lxi Printer

channan_82

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
My HP LaserJet Printer is 6L. Not icluded in the list provided above y one of the respondents. Best Buy and Stapes techniciantried and could not help. I have been advised to buy a new one. It worked very well with Win dows XP, Vista and 7.

Omkar

Well, if you are in a country than the United States, HP might have a website for your country to download the "L" driver. The U.S. one only lists the models stated above, and they are usually found on a sticker or metal plate, or made directly into the plastic casing or whatever.

As far as I can tell, none of those printers have a Windows 7 driver from HP.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
HP reports that drivers for the LaserJet 6L series are provided via Windows Update. To install the printer over your network, first open Print Management by entering printmanagement.msc at the Start Screen and selecting the resulting item printmanagment. Next, expand Print Servers, your local PC, and select Printers. Right click in the white space or on Printers and select Add Printer. Select Add a TCP/IP or Web Services Printer by IP address or hostname. Enter the IP address of your printer and uncheck the box for Auto detect the printer driver to use. Select Install a new driver, then on the next screen find HP under the manufacturer and locate LaserJet 6L PS under Device. Alternatively you can also select the Windows Update to contact Windows Update for a more complete and up to date list of drivers (which contains a more up to date LaserJet 6L driver), though this will take a while as it accesses the list over the internet.

You can find more about Print Management here on TechNet. The printer can also be added using the instructions found under the Microsoft Support page Add, view, and manage your devices and printers.