Sign in with
Your question

Random Crashed with Asus z68v-pro

Last response: in Motherboards
May 1, 2012 5:01:48 PM

Hi All,

I am having some problems with my custom built system and seeking some advise to fix it or narrow down the problem.

I built my system about a year ago and I will list the parts and that might help to understand the problem hopefully.

CPU: Intel i7 2600k
Mobo: Asus z68v-pro
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 8-8-8-8-24 1.5v 1600mhz
Video Card: Asus ENGTX560TI DCII TOP
Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W
HDD: 2x250gb Raid 0, 1x500gb, 1x320gb(Windows)
External HDD:1x500gb Western Digital, 1x 500gb Seagate(usb3)
CPU Cooling: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus with 2 fans.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
Case Fans: 2x120mm Front, 200mm top, 120mm Rear, 140mm side

Monitors: 2x 24inch, 1x19inch(connected to on board video intel 3000hd)

Cpu Temp:
Min: 26 - 30c
Max: 44 - 45c

Overclock settings:
CPU: 1.3v 4.0Ghz, Ram set to X.M.P profile.

Since I built this system it was crashing here and there due to overclocking which i was prepared for but lately since last month its been crashing randomly even with minimal overclocking and I never overclocked it more than 4.3ghz and I never overclocked my videocard.

I play games mostly MMOs. Currently I am playing is tera and i get most of the random crashes in game. Interesting part is when it crashes i get this static sound from my speakers and if I am using my headphones I get the static noise from the headphones. No blue screen nothing. Just a loud static noise then I restart and usually if overclocking is failed system tells me on the post screen that overclocking is failed and i have to restore to default settings. I don`t get that either Computer starts perfectly fine.

I checked the error logs for possible solution but it only shows "Kernel Power, Error Code:41" which is a very general error code as far as I know. I tested the Rams with Memtest86 it went up to test 11 or so after that my screen got little weird there were no error messages but i was seeing many different strange characters on the screen then I restart it it was fine no problem for couple days and when i was playing Tera again crashed with that loud static noise.

Could this be related to audio drivers?I have the latest video card drivers from nvidia. Also my HDD are old like 2-3 years old at least could be even 4 years. I am thinking maybe asus z68 board has a problem this was one of the first one that came out so maybe faulty not sure. Bios is up to date. Maybe this is related to having my 3rd monitor connected to on board video.

I am looking for any kinda advise to narrow down this problem.
Thank you in advance
a b V Motherboard
May 1, 2012 5:37:49 PM

when it crashed do you get a bsod? next time you reboot after a crash press f8 and select the last option to disable automatic restart upon error, look at the error and write down the number. with that it will be easier to narrow down whats wrong. i was getting bsod's and i thought it was my bad oc, i googled the bsod error number and it told me i had bad ram spots my system was trying to write information to.

you can test your memory by burning and booting from memtest86
!