Sign in with
Your question

900-1000 Dollar Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
May 19, 2011 2:00:47 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 3 weeks, though if a good deal is going on I can buy somethings now.

Budget Range: 900-1000 before or after rebates is fine

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (If I could max out WoW, Metro 2033 and SC2 that'd be great), and picture editing photoshop/lightroom,in-game recording (fraps), movies

Parts Not Required: OS, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers (But I would consider new speakers if they were worthwhile)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Neweggs? I'm impartial to website really.

Country of Origin: U.S

Parts Preferences: No preference. Whatever is the most cost effective.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1600x900

Additional Comments: My room runs kinda hot so cooling is a top priority of mine. If it looks nice that's a plus but completely extra and not required in any sense.
a b 4 Gaming
May 19, 2011 3:22:10 PM

If you are buying in 3 weeks, I suggest you wait. AMD will be coming out with Bulldozer supposedly in a few weeks, and even if you can't afford Bulldozer, it will make the price drop on other parts.
m
l
May 19, 2011 3:28:54 PM

Will do then. So just wait off on the processor or will it make more than just processors drop?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
May 19, 2011 3:31:05 PM

It will most likely make the prices of the Sandy Bridge series (go to processors right now) drop. If you aren't going to buy for a while, we can still help you get a basic outline, just come back to double check it. There might be better deals in 3 weeks.
m
l
May 19, 2011 3:33:28 PM

Yea that's fine. Better deals are worth waiting for and a double check before purchase isn't a huge deal.
m
l
May 19, 2011 7:59:58 PM

Will the prices drop at release or a few weeks after?
m
l
!