Graphics card fans don't spin, no output to monitor.

descrasnezul

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I am probably the millionth person to post this type of question but here it goes:

PSU: AZZA Dynamo 850W ver. 2.91 SLI READY (this is what i use to power graphics card)

Mobo:GIGABYTE 890FXA-UD5

Graphics card: GIGABYTE AMD RADEON 1GB GDDR5 HD 6850 (eyefinity)

CPU: AMD Phenom II Black Edition.

I am using all new parts. Card plugs into PCIex16 slot 1. its a DVI connection not VGA.

All the LED lights turn on. The 4 fans on the Case + CPU Fan + PSU Fan all turn on. (case glows blue). Everything was installed correctly to my knowledge. ONLY problem seems to lie with the graphics card. I've already marked it for return to NEWEGG but I want to make sure I just need a replacement instead of a return for something better.

I have the card here for at least 24 hrs from this post so I have time to test stuff out. Like I said, all the parts are new outta the box. Graphics card installed last.

descrasnezul

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I have done that. The connector is directly from PSU labeled SLI Ready.

I wanted to add that I just found a BLUE 8pin connector that I assume goes into the ATX 12V slot. The connector is labeled CPU2 and since I couldn't find a connection with that label I must have ignored it. I have read online that depending on how you connect your power, you can fry the MoBo.

I have an ATX 20pin +4 pin connector that I'm pretty sure I've connected right (the clip is on the same side as picture and in the middle of the 24 pins). ATX is a 8 pin slot that my CPU2 connector fits into. I'm all for testing it out but I would like some reassurance that its not going to fry the parts that are working.

Note that the CPU fan does spin w/o the 8 pin connection if that means anything.

descrasnezul

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
I'm actually all set up now. Just installed OS (windows 7) and totally done with updates. I figured it out by myself but it was thanks to all the other posts before mine. So thanks everyone!