Your question

HELP NEEDED!!!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 14, 2011 2:39:10 PM

Hello Everyone,

Following are my config: -

intel i5 2400 3.1 ghz
intel dh61ww motherboard ( specification link - http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh61w...)
Corsair XMS3 4 gb RAM 1600/1333 MHZ
Galaxy GTS 450 1 gb GC graphic card ( specification link - http://www.galaxytech.com/__en_gb__/Product35.aspx)
Cooler Master 500W PSU

Problem: - I had assembled this pc two months back and i guess i had made mistakes in choosing the right products. From the time i had assembled, i had issues with gaming and sometimes during the start-up. While playing the screen get stuck but i can hear the game's background music/sound, earlier it use to get stuck during windows start-up.

I did research on the problem by asking the community on forums as well taking some suggestions from friends who know tit-bit of computer. Everyone suggested that the problem was with Gpu, so i had replaced it with a new piece but still even after replacing the problem continues. My pc gets hangs when playing games, sometimes it works fine but sometimes it will suddenly stop. I am not able to understand if it is the hardware or the OS issue (I dont have the genuine OS, as i had ran short of cash while buying the pc and had to adjust with a un-genuine copy untill i buy a new genuine one - but many of my friends dont use genuine OS but still everything works fine for them except my pc).

Is it problem with my compatibility of Motherboard and GPU? As my motherboard is from classic series of Intel. RAMS are working fine, there is no issue as i ran the MEMTEST.

Any Suggestions what can be the issue? I am really bugged up with this issue as i am not able to find any solution for this problem... anyone who have any suggestions for this problem? It would be great if you can post your suggestions...

PS: - I also tested the GPU with the BURNIN test and it showed no error as well.

More about : needed

August 15, 2011 3:09:00 AM

The first thing I always do when I am getting hangups is update ALL my drivers. Video, chipset, sound. Track down those files
m
l
August 15, 2011 8:32:11 AM

hmmm... will try updating drivers again...
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2011 8:56:10 AM

Your PSU seems a bit wimpy, maybe its pulling too much current when drawing peak power and falling over.

If you know someone with a big beefy PSU that is willing to let you try it in your machine, it would be worthwhile checking it out.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 15, 2011 11:33:37 AM

Are you getting blue screens? If so what is the error number?
m
l
August 15, 2011 8:24:32 PM

americanbrian said:
Your PSU seems a bit wimpy, maybe its pulling too much current when drawing peak power and falling over.

If you know someone with a big beefy PSU that is willing to let you try it in your machine, it would be worthwhile checking it out.

I think 5oow is good enough surely. The GPU is not a 590 or anything lol
m
l
August 24, 2011 2:47:00 PM

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't reply earlier i was busy trying to get my GPU replaced. But sadly the problem still persists. Before i used to have problem with gaming but now i am not able to log-in. I tried the trial and run method by un-activating all the services and activating one by one to see which service is making problem. I have found out that 'Desktop Window Manager Service Manager' is the one which is making problem. But if it is switched off i am not able to play games or watch videos, the pc hangs. Any suggestion how i can solve this issue?

PS: I have tried installing old nvidea drivers as well formatting the pc but still the problem exists.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 25, 2011 1:46:34 AM

americanbrian said:

A 500W PSU is enough to run a Phenom II X4 system with an ATi Radeon HD 4870 1GB which is an EXTREMELY hot and power-hungry card (believe me, I know, I have two of them...lol). Maybe it's God punishing him for using the unholy alliance of Intel and nVidia...lmao :sol: 
m
l
!