Final $1500 Gaming System Check

8 answers Last reply
More about final 1500 gaming system check
  1. 2500k/P67/twin 6950s...

Great job, IMO.....

It would be hard to assemble a better performing rig even if spending twice the money!
  2. Yes to the thermal compound if you want, the 212+ ships with some stuff but it doesn't hurt to get the fancy paste. It's up in the air as to what is the best paste but people have their preferences. I used Artic Silver Thixotropic Matrix paste, and it's doing fine. I don't really have a scientific basis though for why it's any better than any other brand.
  3. Looks like the Sapphire 6950 card is OOS.

What is everyone opion on the MSI TWIN FROZR II
  4. I really would like a 6950 reference card, but i have no clue which ones are left on Newegg
  5. you dont need any thermal compound. also why dont you get the asrock p67 extreme4 it is practically the same mobo as the p8p67 pro but 160$. there is no difference between 1333 and 1600 for gaming. also get the hyper 212 plus at amazon for 29$. the tx850 is good too.
  6. I assume the tx850 references CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply. I really wanted a modular power supply.

For 10 bucks I am going to go with the Artic Silver 5 as an added cooling. I have updated my build for the p67 extreme4 which allowed me to get windows 7 prof in a combo. Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. u got it
  8. Any other suggestions before I order? Still looking for video cards. The one I wanted is OOS.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product