Sign in with
Your question

1000.- Bucks Computer

Last response: in Systems
May 20, 2011 12:07:35 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: begin of june

Budget Range:1000.-

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Mainly Surfing, Coding (C,Java,PHP, SQL,...), running virtual machines (at least 2) but not as begin, playing HD movies, later also photoshopping and perphas video editing

Parts Not Required: Monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: digitec.ch (Swiss site)

Country of Origin: Switzerland

Parts Preferences: I'd like to have an intel system based on the last intel sandy bridge

Overclocking: Yes if i'll need some extra power in special moment (it won't be a rule for everyday usage)

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like a quiet PC but which is performant and scalable

I'd like to build to me a new computer which is capable to run without any problem multiple vm (for the moment i think to use win7 as main OS and then Windows Server, Xp and win7 as guests OS. I'll be surely use also Unix (debian used distros) but dunno right now if as vm or native installed.
The main point of use the VM is to have a safe environment to work (coding) and the possibility to practise and improve my own skills with windows server.

I already have a Zalmann GS1000 (bought 3 weeks ago during a discount) and video card (ATI xt1800t) which i'll mostly use for the begin untill i'll begin to do some photo/Video editing.

Whishes list http://www.digitec.ch/?wk=LoIpQdHNmKo :

i7 2600k or i5 2600k (as begin i thought to choose the i7, but then i changed my mind to the i5 2500k. I'm not still convinced about the cpu!!!)
asus p8z68-v pro
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) ddr3 1600 CL8 1v5
Corsair TX650-v2
2x WD Digital Caviar Black 1TB (as raid 1)
Samsung SH-S223L
Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

I'm pretty sure to have choosen good things, the only point where i'm not conviced is the CPU: as begin i thought to choose the i7, but then i changed my mind to the i5 2500k.
The main difference between them are(i7 2600k vs i5 2500k):
-8 threads vs 4 theads
-8mb cache vs 6 mb cache
-100 bucks cheaper (309 vs 209)

are those 100 bucks good spent? do i really need an i7 instead of an i5 for playing some vm and do some photo/video editing later?

with my best regards
Elvan

More about : 1000 bucks computer

!