First Home-Build

techo

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Looking to build my first home gaming computer. I am looking for a complete list of all components possible, even the specific case. I am completely new to the building world and hardware itself for that matter; just looking for a summer project.

Budget: 800-1000 dollars

Things I don't need: Monitor, keyboard, mouse

Preferences: I would like to run three monitors (DVI, USB or VGA does not matter), wireless capabilities, runs cool and quiet

Side-Note: I have a 2 TB external drive

--Open to all suggestions and appreciate all feedback!

techo

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 800 to 1000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, watching movies, internet, basic college student usage

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitors

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: alll

Overclocking: Maybe

Additional Comments: I would like to run three monitors (DVI, USB or VGA does not matter), wireless capabilities, runs cool and quiet, I have a 2 TB external drive

techo

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 800 to 1000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, watching movies, internet, basic college student usage

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitors

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: alll

Overclocking: Maybe

Additional Comments: I would like to run three monitors (DVI, USB or VGA does not matter), wireless capabilities, runs cool and quiet, I have a 2 TB external drive

striker410

Distinguished
Thank you, but I was really looking for your monitor res really. If you plan on tri monitors at 1080p, it's going to be hard to find a GFX card that will fit your budget and still keep playable framerates. Do you do hardcore gaming?