Solved

First Home-Build

Looking to build my first home gaming computer. I am looking for a complete list of all components possible, even the specific case. I am completely new to the building world and hardware itself for that matter; just looking for a summer project.

Budget: 800-1000 dollars

Things I don't need: Monitor, keyboard, mouse

Preferences: I would like to run three monitors (DVI, USB or VGA does not matter), wireless capabilities, runs cool and quiet

Side-Note: I have a 2 TB external drive

--Open to all suggestions and appreciate all feedback!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first home build
  1. You filled some of the form out, but could you finish it? It really helps as it gives us all the info we need. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice
  2. Best answer
  3. Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 800 to 1000
    System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, watching movies, internet, basic college student usage

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitors

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: alll

Overclocking: Maybe

Additional Comments: I would like to run three monitors (DVI, USB or VGA does not matter), wireless capabilities, runs cool and quiet, I have a 2 TB external drive
  4. striker410 said:
    You filled some of the form out, but could you finish it? It really helps as it gives us all the info we need. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice

Approximate Purchase Date: this week

Budget Range: 800 to 1000
    System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, watching movies, internet, basic college student usage

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitors

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: alll

Overclocking: Maybe

Additional Comments: I would like to run three monitors (DVI, USB or VGA does not matter), wireless capabilities, runs cool and quiet, I have a 2 TB external drive
  5. Thank you, but I was really looking for your monitor res really. If you plan on tri monitors at 1080p, it's going to be hard to find a GFX card that will fit your budget and still keep playable framerates. Do you do hardcore gaming?
  6. techo said:
    I know this is very petty, but are there any wireless cards that will not work on this set up?

Any card with usb, PCI, PCI x1 or PCI-e x16 (not prefered) will work lol.
  7. Best answer selected by techo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product