Thermal Paste on CPU

When installing my cooler master hyper 212 CPU cooler to my AMD 1100T processor i think i might of applied too much thermal paste does this affect the temps at all?
and how much of a increase in performance do you get from adding another fan to the heatsink and using better thermal paste like arctic silver 5?
5 answers Last reply
More about thermal paste
  1. if too thick thermal paste on surface CPU , overheat will you get
    this guide applied thermal paste ... http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/274/3
  2. ^+1

If you reapply it make sure you clean off the old stuff first.
  3. One thing to remember Most Thermal grease, Thermal compound Take 24 to 48 Hours to Cure. Always read the instuctions.
  4. Consciencekills said:
    When installing my cooler master hyper 212 CPU cooler to my AMD 1100T processor i think i might of applied too much thermal paste does this affect the temps at all?
    and how much of a increase in performance do you get from adding another fan to the heatsink and using better thermal paste like arctic silver 5?

You dont, you just get a cooler running CPU and therefore cooler system, which would then enable you to OC your CPU to a greater extent than before, which would then gain you better system performance, how much though is entirely dependant on your CPU.
  5. Hey, people. I like AS5. Been using it for years. Great stuff. But it is not magic.

Overall overclock performance is dependent on a lot of things - starting with sheer luck at getting a CPU with an abnormally low VID. Then there is the cooler. And the choice of case has a big effect. So does just keeping the computer in an air conditioned room.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound