Solved

Question about GTX 570 and cpu performance

Hello

I have a Dell XPS 420 with a Q6600 that I was going to oc. For graphics, I have a GTS 250 that I am using with it.
I have now bought the GTX 570.

Will an oc (I can oc to 3.0) Q6600 and a GTX 570 be good or will there be lots of bottlenecking?

If so should I wait until I build my SB computer to use the GTX 570? I am buying a psu for the build.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question performance
  1. Best answer
    you will still see a great performance increase over the gts250, but with a SB based pc you will see even greater improvements. I would definitely go to 3ghz on that cpu though. It is still a very capable cpu, equivelant to amd phenom quad cores clock for clock.
  2. iam2thecrowe said:
    you will still see a great performance increase over the gts250, but with a SB based pc you will see even greater improvements. I would definitely go to 3ghz on that cpu though. It is still a very capable cpu, equivelant to amd phenom quad cores clock for clock.

Ok I will do it.

Will the bottlenecking be a lot?
  3. Quad Core at 3GHz is still good for recent tech like GTX570, so don't worry about that... :)
  4. wa1 said:
    Quad Core at 3GHz is still good for recent tech like GTX570, so don't worry about that... :)

Ok I will try
  5. first i would install the card without overclocking, just to make sure everything is running fine and stable. Then if things seem a little slow, oc the cpu.
  6. iam2thecrowe said:
    first i would install the card without overclocking, just to make sure everything is running fine and stable. Then if things seem a little slow, oc the cpu.

With the stock 2.4 speed?
  7. Best answer selected by g335.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Dell Studio Xps Performance Graphics