Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Question about GTX 570 and cpu performance

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 10, 2011 11:06:07 PM

Hello

I have a Dell XPS 420 with a Q6600 that I was going to oc. For graphics, I have a GTS 250 that I am using with it.
I have now bought the GTX 570.

Will an oc (I can oc to 3.0) Q6600 and a GTX 570 be good or will there be lots of bottlenecking?

If so should I wait until I build my SB computer to use the GTX 570? I am buying a psu for the build.

Best solution

a c 172 U Graphics card
March 10, 2011 11:11:52 PM

you will still see a great performance increase over the gts250, but with a SB based pc you will see even greater improvements. I would definitely go to 3ghz on that cpu though. It is still a very capable cpu, equivelant to amd phenom quad cores clock for clock.
Share
March 10, 2011 11:48:25 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
you will still see a great performance increase over the gts250, but with a SB based pc you will see even greater improvements. I would definitely go to 3ghz on that cpu though. It is still a very capable cpu, equivelant to amd phenom quad cores clock for clock.


Ok I will do it.

Will the bottlenecking be a lot?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
March 11, 2011 12:30:23 AM

Quad Core at 3GHz is still good for recent tech like GTX570, so don't worry about that... :) 
m
0
l
March 11, 2011 12:51:40 AM

wa1 said:
Quad Core at 3GHz is still good for recent tech like GTX570, so don't worry about that... :) 


Ok I will try
m
0
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
March 11, 2011 6:17:41 AM

first i would install the card without overclocking, just to make sure everything is running fine and stable. Then if things seem a little slow, oc the cpu.
m
0
l
March 18, 2011 2:27:04 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
first i would install the card without overclocking, just to make sure everything is running fine and stable. Then if things seem a little slow, oc the cpu.


With the stock 2.4 speed?
m
0
l
April 1, 2011 1:47:57 AM

Best answer selected by g335.
m
0
l
!