Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarott_damodred

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Hello All!
I currently own an i3-2105 CPU I'm planning to use in a new HTPC build.
Recently I've been looking at the ASUS P8H67-M PRO (~$115).
Can anyone tell me if this would be a good choice for this particular CPU?
I'm building this mostly so that i can cancel my cable t.v. and save a little money.
This HTPC's main purpose will be to watch movies, shows, a small amount of gaming, and web surfing.
I have a gaming rig in my office so I'll probably wait on buying a GPU and just use the onboard video for this build. At least for the time being.
I understand that some may think this CPU and motherboard may be a bit more then necessary for a simple HTPC but i already own the i3 CPU so I'd prefer that your suggestions don't include getting a different processor.
So... I am looking for the best micro ATX motherboard for this CPU that is equal to or better then the ASUS P8H67-M PRO
It must have:
1. USB 3.0
2. onboard Video (for the time being)
3. onboard Audio
4. and be around $115 or less (if possible)
If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Leonard

Solution
To be honest the Asus is a great choice.

I always use Asus and Gigabyte boards, and if the P8H67-M does what you need it to do, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it :)

Jarott_damodred

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
My thanks to you all for the good advice and quick replies!
The ASRock H77M mobo seems to be nearly the same as the Asus board only its a good amount cheaper. I have to ask myself if the few things the Asus board has over the ASRock board is worth paying an extra $30 bucks for!
Just to share. I feel kinda stupid now, but i just figured out that the "onboard GPU" i was talking about needing earlier, doesn't even come on micro ATX motherboards. I guess its part of the CPU now! I had no idea. :)
Anyway, Thanks again!

Yes, it is part of the CPU.

ASRock is a budget friendly division of Asus. While they used to be pretty sketchy, recently I have seen really good reviews about them. Especially when it comes to price.

While I always go with Asus or Gigabyte, I don't think you would be missing out if you went with ASRock.

Yeah, this is an htpc buddy, please pay attention.

Oh and Asrock is NOT a division of Asus, they split a long time ago, and it was after that split, that Asrock quality went through the roof. They are now a top 3 manufacturer.

THE UNKNOWN

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Well in MOBO decision just take what you need in it and ASROCK is good BRAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.