Closed Solved

Connecting my 560gtx ti... potentially stupid question

I have a Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800x PSU and a MSI 560gtx Ti Twin Frozr II

I know that my 560gtx requires two 6 pin power connections, and my PSU has the connection options, but I have a question.

The PSU is a hybrid modular. I have two separate cables I can connect by plugging each into separate modular sockets on the PSU, and then plugging each into one of the 560gtx 6 pin connections.

But, there is also three hardwired, non-modular, cables coming from the PSU. One is the 20+4 pin, the second is a dual 4 pin (split in a Y, one 8 wire cable that yields two four pin connectors), and the third isn't exactly a Y. Its one sheathed cable of 8 wires. 8 run from the PSU and form the 6+2 pin connector. Then 6 wires run from that 6pin connector portion of the 6+2 connector in a U shape and form another 6 pin connector.

My question is, can I use that one cable with the 6+2 and 6 pin connectors to run my 560gtx (leaving the 2 pin out of the equation of course)? Or, should I use two totally separate "cables" (as in using the modular plugs and connecting two separate 6 pin cables)?

Thanks much,

HF

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6659

5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about connecting 560gtx potentially stupid question
  1. Anyone?
  2. Best answer
    The cables all connect to the same 12v rail, so there should be no problem using the 6 & 6+2 connection that is hard wired and leaving the modulars out.
  3. Cool, thank you.
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
  5. Best answer selected by Holyfingers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Cooler Master Connection Cable Graphics