silent54

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
I have a HAF X case and looking to paint areas of it soon. Haven't painted a case yet and the metal areas are straight forward in painting but haven't come across anything on painting the plastic areas of a case. Am I to assume all that is required for painting these plastic areas is just to remove any dust, dirt and such then paint as needed or is it more involved? Thanks

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
You never can tell when painting plastic, depending on the paint and the plastic material. I would recommend testing the paint on a small area of the plastic first. If the plastic is a shiny plastic then you might need to rough up the surface a bit with some sandpaper first. "Rough up" is not a good description though, you could use a relatively fine grit sandpaper and just take the shiny surface off of the plastic, then paint it.

silent54

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
Well, I think the amount of plastic I actually paint is less now but thanks for the responses. However, I have another question. The only selection that I'm looking at painting that's within the interior of the case is the drive bay holder. From what I've seen, it looks like the drive bay holder is riveted to the case. I had rather paint it outside the case but.... Is there an easy way to remove this thing and place it back?