I love Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, so I should get ...

....?

OK, I like Shining Soul II, but I stopped playing to replay BG:DA. Zelda is
fun, and I like my normal FPS ports, but nothing on the GBA has grabbed me
like BG"DA - maybe it is the graphics and music doing have that 'typical'
GBA feel ... like I'm listening to my 6 and 7 year old playing Pokemon
Sapphire and Mario vs Donkey Kong on a 6 hour trip (just did that ...) ...

Any thoughts?

Mike

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:05:43 -0400, "Michael Anderson"
<txa1265@hotmail.com> wrote:

>...?
>
>OK, I like Shining Soul II, but I stopped playing to replay BG:DA. Zelda is
>fun, and I like my normal FPS ports, but nothing on the GBA has grabbed me
>like BG"DA - maybe it is the graphics and music doing have that 'typical'
>GBA feel ... like I'm listening to my 6 and 7 year old playing Pokemon
>Sapphire and Mario vs Donkey Kong on a 6 hour trip (just did that ...) ...
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Mike

Wait, not sure what you're asking here? Are you asking if you should

Hmmm... Well personally I liked BG:DA but I liked Shining Soul II even
better! From a gameplay standpoint, SSII has many, many more options -
more character classes, more diverese and varied "dungeons," and even
more of a storyline (although don't expect a full RPG storyline).

"CJ" <CJ@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Wait, not sure what you're asking here? Are you asking if you should
>
> Hmmm... Well personally I liked BG:DA but I liked Shining Soul II even
> better! From a gameplay standpoint, SSII has many, many more options -
> more character classes, more diverese and varied "dungeons," and even
> more of a storyline (although don't expect a full RPG storyline).

I *KNOW* all that ... so why do I like BG:DA so much better ?!?! Is it that
the graphics satisfy my 'Neverwinter Nights on GBA' craving, satiate my
way-too-many years of PC gaming?

I was looking for more games that would be like BG:DA - not necessarily RPG,
but graphically similar, if that makes more sense.

Mike

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:04:19 -0400, "Michael Anderson"
<txa1265@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I *KNOW* all that ... so why do I like BG:DA so much better ?!?! Is it that
>the graphics satisfy my 'Neverwinter Nights on GBA' craving, satiate my
>way-too-many years of PC gaming?
>
>I was looking for more games that would be like BG:DA - not necessarily RPG,
>but graphically similar, if that makes more sense.
>
>Mike

Oh, ok got it. Try "Lord of the Rings: Two Towers" and "Return of
the King."

<txa1265@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"CJ" <CJ@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Wait, not sure what you're asking here? Are you asking if you should
>>
>> Hmmm... Well personally I liked BG:DA but I liked Shining Soul II even
>> better! From a gameplay standpoint, SSII has many, many more options -
>> more character classes, more diverese and varied "dungeons," and even
>> more of a storyline (although don't expect a full RPG storyline).
>>

>I *KNOW* all that ... so why do I like BG:DA so much better ?!?! Is it that
>the graphics satisfy my 'Neverwinter Nights on GBA' craving, satiate my
>way-too-many years of PC gaming?
>
>I was looking for more games that would be like BG:DA - not necessarily RPG,
>but graphically similar, if that makes more sense.

The Lord of the Rings games should be up your street then - the Two
Towers and Return of the King ones, but not the Fellowship one.
--
Pink 5 : "Hey Base One! My little robot guy's head got blown off. Is that bad?"

> Oh, ok got it. Try "Lord of the Rings: Two Towers" and "Return of
> the King."

I actually do have Return of the King, and was enjoying that ... but I had
to play Aragorn as I was dying too much with Gandalf (my preferred) ... I
was told that once you hit a certain level / area you unlocked someplace you
could 'train up' your characters, and that would be the way for me to get
back to Gandalf. What's that about?

Mike

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:08:00 -0400, "Michael Anderson"
<txa1265@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"CJ" <CJ@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Oh, ok got it. Try "Lord of the Rings: Two Towers" and "Return of
>> the King."
>
>I actually do have Return of the King, and was enjoying that ... but I had
>to play Aragorn as I was dying too much with Gandalf (my preferred) ... I
>was told that once you hit a certain level / area you unlocked someplace you
>could 'train up' your characters, and that would be the way for me to get
>back to Gandalf. What's that about?

The levelling up trick is simply to find a level with lots of easy to
kill creatures and to save and restart the level a couple of times
until you have built up your character a bit. It's crucial for Gandalf
because he gets that really tough fight with Saruman very early on in
the game.

If you have a couple of games on the go and you find bits of equipment
that your character can't use then you can leave them in the Ranger
Hollows for a character in another save game to pick up. When you
reach a hollow, switch to another character and then you can make best
use of your magic items and weapons.

--
Pink 5 : "Hey Base One! My little robot guy's head got blown off. Is that bad?"