Hey guys, just looking for some thoughts on my system build and to make sure everything will work together. I still haven't put the order in so I'm open to suggestions. The system is mainly for gaming.
A few questions:
- I'm looking to overclock the 2600k near 4ghz. Is that feasible with this build (specifically cooler and RAM)?
- Is the free thermal compound decent or should i go with the Thermal Silver 5?
- Is the power supply going to cut it?
- Will the specific Velociraptor and SSD drives be able to run the "Intel Smart Response technology (SSD Caching)"?
- Any point in getting more than Windows 7 Home?
Just get a 2500K, much cheaper and 4GHz is still reachable. The bundled TIM is fine. Yep, PSU is great. Yes, SRT will work fine with that HDD combo, but I wouldn't spend the extra on the VR. Probably the only feature you might have a chance of missing in W7 Pro is XP mode. Looks pretty nice overall.
After doing some research on the subject I found that there really isn't a performance difference between the 2500k and 2600k when it comes to gaming. http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html is misleading.. I'm not going to do any encoding, editing, etc so I think I'm going to go with the 2500k