fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Hi, I have an HD5770 with a display port. Have been using the device via DVi without any problems, but decided to add a second monitor via display port.
To simplify matters I have tried just to boot up with the display port but no picture whatsoever.

Couple of questions:

My mobo has no display on board so there is no BIOS settings I could find.....does display port require any BIOS Tweaks to work ??

Using CCC 11.2 I don't see any functionality to choose any of the interfaces ...the HD577- has DVI, HDMI and Display PORT !!
AM I missing something obvious ??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Frank :bounce: :hello:

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Hi, I am only using 1 monitor at present ..I was trying to move over from DVI to Display Port so I could carry the sound across via the display port. When I boot up with Display Port I cannot see any BIOS messages etc and same for windows...I force the monitor to scan all inputs but does not detect anything on the DP connection. It is as if the monitor does not exist. Are DP monitors capable of booting up a system ?

With only 1 monitor I cannot get to CCC to check second line ....I'll see if I can rig another monitor up maybe.
Thanks for the feedback.
Frank