Trouble overclocking my GPU

Apristian30

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
hmmmm.... so as soon as i bump my card a bit, my monitor(s) start to flicker..... does this mean i cannot overclock my card at all?

i use MSI afterburner stock speeds at 850 core clock and 1200memory clock.

I have a ATI Radeon HD5700 Series by powercooler. I read on the newegg forums, that some guy with the same exact card was able to push his to 960core and
1445 memory.

Can any1 guess why im getting flickering as soon as i bump either my core or memory clock just 1omhz?

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Overclocking isnt guaranteed but you should get better than that. Normally you set the clock speed and then enter a 3d app to truly verufy the clock speed works...

What PSU? This plays a huge part.

With an ATI card you can go into CCC and overclock a little in there. Click the lock to unlock and then try raising the speed a little there.

Apristian30

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

I used CCC and i prefer Afterburner... i messed with it for a bit. I used 3dmark and no matter how little or how much i pushed it, it still flickers. It basically flickers as soon as i change it i even tryed adjusting only the core clock to 851 and same results

and yea i meant powercolor lol