Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Card = Large Screen & No Sound,,, HELP PLEASE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2011 7:03:11 PM

I just installed Radeon HD 5670 Card,
The screen is to large,, i have no sound now,,, & i went to a 3D game and it came up,, but i lost my Arrow and had to power down & restart,, still too large screen & no sound,,,
Any suggestions,, other than i shoulda took it somewhere ... :sweat: 
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2011 7:10:35 PM

do you have any buttons on your screen? like auto or something, try pushing if you do they might help
m
l

Best solution

a c 125 U Graphics card
March 11, 2011 7:15:54 PM

I'm thinking drivers.

First off, there's usually drivers for the monitor itself either on a CD with the monitor or else off the manufacturer's website.

Secondly, Make sure your resolution is set properly.

Third, Try completely uninstalling your ATI drivers from add/remove programs (and if you have any Nvidia drivers, those too!) then reinstall and make sure you install the audio drivers (do a "Custom" install).

EDIT: Oh and the other thing would be to right click the little speaker icon in your windows tray (by the date+time) and go to the output properties and make sure the appropriate output is selected as default.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2011 7:16:42 PM

^+1
m
l
March 11, 2011 7:28:51 PM

graphics card using the hdmi out have a nasty habit now of "overridding" your onboard sound/external speakers.
m
l
March 11, 2011 7:33:37 PM

wolfram23 said:
I'm thinking drivers.

First off, there's usually drivers for the monitor itself either on a CD with the monitor or else off the manufacturer's website.

Secondly, Make sure your resolution is set properly.

Third, Try completely uninstalling your ATI drivers from add/remove programs (and if you have any Nvidia drivers, those too!) then reinstall and make sure you install the audio drivers (do a "Custom" install).

EDIT: Oh and the other thing would be to right click the little speaker icon in your windows tray (by the date+time) and go to the output properties and make sure the appropriate output is selected as default.

Ok, im writing this down,, going over to try it now,
I think im smelling something,, Besides My Bretches !!! :cry:  :whistle:  :sol: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2011 7:37:21 PM

What was the old card an Nvidia with 3D glasses?
If so... the ATI won't do 3D gaming with the glasses....Ati only supports the 3 screen surround or "Eyefinity".
If you still want to use this card then you'll have to uninstall all graphics drivers including ati and nvidia as well as the nvidia 3D software, physics,etc.
This can be found in your add/remove programs under conrol panel (xp) or Programs and Features in control panel (vista/win7).
Reboot after removal and windows will install a basic driver for your card.
Next you'll want to install the appropriate drivers for the card you want to install.
After rebooting the screen should have been set to your monitors default....
If not, please list all your components...cpu,ram,monitor,etc....
Hope this helps....JQ
m
l
March 11, 2011 9:33:50 PM

johnnyq1233 said:
What was the old card an Nvidia with 3D glasses?
If so... the ATI won't do 3D gaming with the glasses....Ati only supports the 3 screen surround or "Eyefinity".
If you still want to use this card then you'll have to uninstall all graphics drivers including ati and nvidia as well as the nvidia 3D software, physics,etc.
This can be found in your add/remove programs under conrol panel (xp) or Programs and Features in control panel (vista/win7).
Reboot after removal and windows will install a basic driver for your card.
Next you'll want to install the appropriate drivers for the card you want to install.
After rebooting the screen should have been set to your monitors default....
If not, please list all your components...cpu,ram,monitor,etc....
Hope this helps....JQ

I had a
Matrox Millenium G200 PCI English
I guess i didnt uninstall it,, i cant find it in remove section,, i have several programs there & i dont know what im looking for
im all mixed up now,,, i guess i tore it up
m
l
March 11, 2011 11:35:33 PM

Best answer selected by Tony G.
m
l
March 11, 2011 11:38:11 PM

Thanks guys,, i got it playing anyway,
screen is still big,, but that`ll fix later,
gonna play pool sharks before i tear it up again ....
m
l
!