CM 4-in-3 Drive Bay for CM Gladiator 600 & Sunbeam accessories

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Found a nice CoolerMaster drive bay that can fit 4 HDDs and, what's more important, has a 120mm intake fan, which will enhance my case's airflow since I only have one front fan. Now, the question is: the product specs on the CM website say that its "Application" is for COSMOS / CM Stacker 83X / Centurion 534 / CM690 cases. However, I don't see why wouldn't it fit into my CM Gladiator 600. Does anyone use this accessory with this particular case?

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2814 - that's the drive bay

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=19&product_id=2929 - that's my case

I'd appreciate some advice here - don't want to waste money and find out it doesn't fit...

Also,, a quick side question: does anyone have experience with Sunbeam products? I'd like to know how reliable their stuff is and whether they can be trusted.

EDIT: Does anyone use this http://www.corsair.com/cooling/cooling-accessories/corsair-airflow-2-gtl-cooling-fan-assembly.html ? Can it be mounted on any mobo/RAM combination?

halcyon

Splendid

Obviously, if its the standard width of 5.25" optical it should fit.

halcyon

Splendid

...makes me wonder if something about it is not standard...or it would fit ANY case with 3x5.25" drives.

halcyon

Splendid

I'd think as long as your RAM isn't too tall (with some of those wild heatsinks) you should be good to go... ...I've heard that particular RAM cooler is a tad loud though, you may want to get a fan controller.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Does your case's 5.25" drives bay have removable partition? If yes then it might be possible to fit that hdd module.

About that RAM cooler, I think you shouldn't use it as CM6xx series has small resonance. You may not know this because you've got a cooler processor.

I've an OC'd phenom running hot inside CM690 and at high RPM, the case starts to vibrate from an unknown location.
Yeah you can't expect such thing when pay Rs.4.5k for the case.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Wow, someone actually dug up that thread :D How did you find it?

I don't know about resonance; there're no vibrations even if the fans spin up full-speed. What I'm annoyed by is the lack of space (non-modular PSU = cables mess), lack of cable management and the looks.

As of today, I'm considering getting a better case with everything I need inbuilt instead of spending a ton of money on additional fans and accessories. I'll hopefully use this CM Gladiator 600 in another build or sell it to a friend so that the money doesn't go to waste.

I did pay Rs. 4500 for it, that's true... how do you know? :D It can be found for cheaper in some places, but not in my area and I didn't want to order online. I guess now I will.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Ohh I didn't notice the thread is from August. I was going through some random threads.

And I said, I payed Rs. 4500 for my CM690 almost 3 years back. :D. I think you should I've gotten your cm600 for less. Donno if the prices have risen.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Just out of curiosity, do you shop in the local hardware stores or online? If online, could you suggest some good websites and do you know whether The IT Depot is reliable? They seem to have the best selection of wares and very decent prices.

Prices in India always stay the same rip-off... GTX 560 Ti is still $310, so no SLI for me for a while :)

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Don't know if it's reliable or not but it's expensive for sure. www.smcinternational.in has decent rates. Last month I bought A3850 + Gigabyte GA-A75-S2V + Corsair XMS3 DDR3 4GB 1600MHz CL9 RAM for 14k from them. That was very good deal. Locally same stuff was costing more than 16k. smcinternational has rates pretty similar to lamington rd. Plus you can bargain over phone. :D. They don't have online payment system though.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

That website has a limited selection (only CM cabinets - fail) and some prices are more than The IT Depot, while the rest is similar or even a bit more (CM 690 II is Rs. 30 more on your site :D) Good to know another site, though.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010

But look at CPU, mobo and ram prices. It's a lot cheaper there.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

I already said:

As of today, I'm considering getting a better case with everything I need inbuilt instead of spending a ton of money on additional fans and accessories.

But thanks for your suggestion. I actually wasn't considering RAM cooler for RAM cooling as such :D Only for the looks. But for the price in my area is too high to pay for the looks of an internal part - I prefer a better cabinet.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

I don't really have a budget; I have a case that satisfies all my requirements for its money. NZXT Phantom. Rs. 7160 on the website where I want to buy it - $146; just $20 more than on Newegg US, which is great, because normally all hardware in India (cases especially!) is 1.5 - 2 times more than in US. If there're any significant cons about that case that you know of, I'd like to hear them :) So far, I watched a lot of videos and read quite some reviews, and I really like the looks (best I've seen), the cooling, the features and the price.

I just hope the retailer didn't change the fans loadout - by default, the case has x2 120mm fans, x1 120mm rear fan and x1 LED 200mm top fan. There's also a front 140mm fan slot, and I already have a 140mm fan for that. I'm somewhat pissed off about the side fan, because it's 200/230mm and I don't have such huge fans, but there's a good LED NZXT fan I can buy here for $20 - I will do it later, if I manage to get that case.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Neither did I and I like it that way :)

I'm wondering about HSFs, though. Will my CM Hyper 212+ fit in Phantom with this fan?

Let's see. The fan's thickness is 30mm; Hyper 212's height is 159mm. Phantom's width is 222 mm (vs 202mm in my CM G600). That's 222 - (30+159) = 33mm space between the fan and the heatsink. Hmm... is that enough? Does the case width count from the opposite side or from the mobo support plate? :heink:

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Huh. This says (and I believe that, from seeing some YouTube videos) that the Hyper 212+ won't fit with the 200mm side fan installed.

Sad, really, that LED fan I was looking at is great. I know the temps will be completely fine without the side fan, I tried that in my current case; but I was really looking forward to some LED eye-candy :(

Ha, maybe I'll try it with the Intel stock HSF for teh lulz... that would be a fine way to waste money I paid for the 212+ if I'd find out the temps are fine :D

EDIT: To hell with the 200mm LED side fan, NZXT Blue LED sleeved kit will do it!