Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G incompatible with ASUS M4A88T-M

Last response: in Memory
May 3, 2012 5:06:24 AM

My new ASUS M4A88T-M motherboard powered up for the first time but I saw a red blinking light next to the RAM... manual says that the ram is either incompatible or that it was set in wrong. I have already tried pressing the Memok! button like it said in the manual but nothing changed.

It says on their website that the two are compatible.

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/models...

Its the fifth last one.

I know the obvious solution is to buy new ram but is there something I can do right now?
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 7:34:34 AM

You might have faulty RAM. If you can not get it working, try to get in contact with Kingston for help.
Score
May 3, 2012 7:39:34 AM

blazorthon said:
You might have faulty RAM. If you can not get it working, try to get in contact with Kingston for help.

Yeah thanks , ill do that now. Do you have any ideas for a fix in the meantime??
Score
Related resources
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 8:33:43 AM

2 other tips to get this to work (in the scenario that it's not faulty) remove the module and reseat it. Even thought it might look like it's seated, even work to an extent, modules can be notoriously hard to seat some times. It's quick and easy, and might work. If it doesn't, you wasted 2 minutes. :) 
The second trick, reset/clear your CMOS.

Bad modules do happen, and should this be the case, you bought from the compatibility list, so Kingston will make this work for you (via RMA. :)  ). Might try and ask for a cross ship, so you can get the memory faster... (they ship to you first)
Score
May 3, 2012 8:36:37 AM

psaus said:
2 other tips to get this to work (in the scenario that it's not faulty) remove the module and reseat it. Even thought it might look like it's seated, even work to an extent, modules can be notoriously hard to seat some times. It's quick and easy, and might work. If it doesn't, you wasted 2 minutes. :) 
The second trick, reset/clear your CMOS.

Bad modules do happen, and should this be the case, you bought from the compatibility list, so Kingston will make this work for you (via RMA. :)  ). Might try and ask for a cross ship, so you can get the memory faster... (they ship to you first)

I've tried both but i'll try again just to make sure...

thanks.
Score
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 8:45:16 AM

If you've already tried resetting the CMOS, just go with a reseat of the module(s).

If you have more than one module, go with just 1 module at a time till the errors stop. This way you can at least use/build the rest of your system in the meantime.
Score
May 3, 2012 8:48:51 AM

psaus said:
If you've already tried resetting the CMOS, just go with a reseat of the module(s).

If you have more than one module, go with just 1 module at a time till the errors stop. This way you can at least use/build the rest of your system in the meantime.

Just got done... I reseated, I reset bios. I only have one module and I tried all 4 slots. I guess im going to have to contact kingston. Or ASUS?
Score
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 8:54:22 AM

Start with Kingston
What country are you in?

EDIT: and where did you buy the RAM?
Score
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 9:05:09 AM

Kingston can cross ship in the US. They hold your credit card, ship the module to you first, you typically get it next day or day after - depending where you are in the US. They only charge the CC if they don't get your part within 10-14 days. If you don't give a CC then you have ot ship to them first, and they ship to you the day they receive it.

Amazon also has a pretty good return policy, and pretty easy to deal with. Kind of a flip of the coin. :) 

Should have bought 2 modules, you have a dual channel board, but more importantly you could use your system right now. :p 
Score
May 3, 2012 9:11:19 AM

psaus said:
Kingston can cross ship in the US. They hold your credit card, ship the module to you first, you typically get it next day or day after - depending where you are in the US. They only charge the CC if they don't get your part within 10-14 days. If you don't give a CC then you have ot ship to them first, and they ship to you the day they receive it.

Amazon also has a pretty good return policy, and pretty easy to deal with. Kind of a flip of the coin. :) 

Should have bought 2 modules, you have a dual channel board, but more importantly you could use your system right now. :p 

Uhhh.. what is CC, sorry im new at all this. credit card?

I was going to buy 2 modules but that was all I could afford... Should I email or call kingston??

And also what if its the motherboard? ASUS mobos Ive heard are VERY problematic.
Score
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 9:15:24 AM

CC = credit card. Not a technical term. My bad :) 

email will be slower, and they will only eventually tell you to call them. I do think they have an online form for automated RMAs somewhere on the site, but I don't know that for sure. If you do call them, you will need to wait til 6a PDT. The phones will answer right now but you'll get the UK team, and they can't setup the RMA for you. They'll arrange a call back when the US office is open (6a-6p PDT)
Score
May 3, 2012 9:21:39 AM

psaus said:
CC = credit card. Not a technical term. My bad :) 

email will be slower, and they will only eventually tell you to call them. I do think they have an online form for automated RMAs somewhere on the site, but I don't know that for sure. If you do call them, you will need to wait til 6a PDT. The phones will answer right now but you'll get the UK team, and they can't setup the RMA for you. They'll arrange a call back when the US office is open (6a-6p PDT)

Ill try looking for the online forms first if I don't get anywhere I'll just call I guess... its 2 a.m. here in California ill have to call tomorrow... Thanks for your help :) 
Score
May 3, 2012 9:27:47 AM

One more thing... what would you do, return to amazon,or rma?
Score

Best solution

a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 9:29:12 AM

Since you're in CA, I'd just go with Kingston's RMA. If you can find that form, go with that. If not, just call when you get up tomorrow. :) 
May 3, 2012 9:29:45 AM

Best answer selected by Joab4652.
Score
May 3, 2012 9:30:25 AM

psaus said:
Since you're in CA, I'd just go with Kingston's RMA. If you can find that form, go with that. If not, just call when you get up tomorrow. :) 

Alright... Thanks for helping me out... :D 
Score
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 9:32:06 AM

NP! :) 
Score
a c 146 } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 3, 2012 9:53:40 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score